11.

"How about asking the person himself?" Duke Deruth was smiling but the tone and the glare from him made it uneasy.

"I suppose asking isn't a bad idea..." A mumbled thought echoed along the hall.

While all of these things were being discussed Cale on the other hand was laying down on a red luxurious couch it would have been a normal scene but he was doing that in Alberu's bedroom. It comes as a normal thing for the 2 but if others saw this it might become a little bit tricky.

- 'Cale aren't you going back?' The super rock asked.

- 'To hell with it! Its boring!' The fiery thunderbolt expressed his feelings of boredom.

"Its annoying and Clopeh was doing his job right. There is nothing for me to worry about." Since there was no one here or even near Alberu's chambers Cale spoke normally. A few toss and turns here but Cale eventually sat up and fixing himself before pondering about something.

"Somethings not sitting well with me..." In his guts something felt amiss and he did hit the spot.

'Cale it would be wise to show up at the hall, the kid made a scene.' Eruhaben's voice echoed on Cale's mind.

'Kid? Choi Han?' While Choi Han did control his emotions better there was still a limit to it and he won't hesitate to retaliate even if it's in front of the Royals. Knowing that Alberu would take care of it Cale leaned back and closed his eye's.

Eruhaben continued 'Oh, Choi Han too.'

Cale frowned what does he mean Choi Han too? Then who's the kid?

*Slam!*

After a sudden realization Cale rushed out of the room without any care. The servants who were about to clean the room squealed in surprise as they dropped the basket filled with cleaning materials.

'What the hell hapened?!' a flustered red head raced through the halls and passing servants. He was worried for Raon and the Palace structures itself and those cost way more than a golden plaque.

Eruhaben who forgot to tell Cale why and just watched him rush towards the hall, just shut his mouth in a firm line. A little bit of guilt stung but he thinks that this would be a wonderful thing for them;
....
and the continent.

hall

"Please wait, this would be a sudden decision that would shake the kingdom and their beliefs. Are we able to take the backlash from the people? What if this created a discord?" Duke Orsen who managed to speak presented his concerns, after receiving some painful glares from the left side of the hall he spoke once more.

"It is not about the person who will become empress but the act itself that would be officially taken into account."

Alberu who managed to hold on to his rationality and soul could only curse his father mentally. The veins of his hand started to make themself visible due to the strong grip he was giving the chair made of gold.

Choi Han who returned besides Alberu noticed the tension and looked away playing as if though he saw nothing. It was the same for Rosalyn who avoided Alberu's piercing gaze.

'If I had to choose an empress then I'd rather choose someone who would make the world at peace.'

"Duke Orsen is correct this is a sudden decision for us to make. I believe we should take our time and come back when due." Duke Deruth who planned to stay silent could only pray for an extended time, he knows how Cale who barely escaped being a lord would react when he is a candidate for the throne.

"..." Zed who kept looking around for the certain red head sigh, he had to postpone his fun for now, but before he could announce a dismissal the doors slammed open.

Dust fluttered everywhere and the wind blew in, Cale who stood in the middle of it all was huffing as he slowly checked the hall for any damage.

'Everything looks fine? People are alive? What did Eruhaben-nim mean?' Riddled with confusion Cale slowly walked towards Rosalyn and gave her a questioning gaze.

"I was told to immediately return." He shortly explained as his hair looked disheveled, he turned to look at Alberu.

'What the fuck? Why does he look like that? Why is Choi Han avoiding my gaze? Why do I feel creeped out?'

Albru looked at Cale but his eyes were soulless and his mouth had blood dripping down from it though he still had his smile that somehow looked menacing. Choi Han on the other hand couldn't hide the fact that he was avoiding Cale's gaze.

"Commander, before we dismiss and take about the selection on another day I'd like to ask for your opinion on the matters at hand." Zed who was leaning on his hand the entire time now sat straight and used the authority of his voice to hush the people.

Cale could only nod as he looked around in confusion. Meeting his father's gaze an exchange has taken place.

'What happened?'

'Remember the family motto.'

Is what the Duke's eyes said as he prayed for Cale's strategic mind to avoid this mess.

"Commander how do you feel about marriage between species?" Zed asked.

"Hmm... I see no problems with it as it does not hurt the people, species around them." Cale who answered nonchalantly secretly peaked at Alberu who was looking weird, like he was saying something but could not.

"You do not have any qualms about marriage as long as it does not hurt others?" The people in the hall gulped, the former emperor was being sly and they hell knew what he meant.

"As far as I saw, I believe so." Cale begun to think about the half blooded Paseton who was belittled for it and Alberu who had to hide his entire being in order to live.

"Because," Cale who stopped looking for clues on why the people around him were being weird stood straight and held the former King's gaze as he continued. "All species have the right to choose whom they want to spend their eternity with and that decision should be protected by the authority that governs them. Since they are protectors of the people and not a chain that binds their beliefs."

Cale's thoughts wandered again as he remembered the time he spent with the younger Alberu in the sealed god's test. He was no joke, he suffered so much and even had to hide just because of Dark elves being considered as ominous. He did not want to see that happen to any of his family or anyone else.

"What about the consequences that comes with it? Oppression is not something the authorities handle." Zed who became interested on how Cale thinks forgot about the entertainment he felt. Right now he was listening as a King who will decide the future.

"Consequences? Ha! Tell me what is wrong with wanting to be with another specie? What is wrong with the act of loving another that it would have consequences?" Cale who got irritated with the words that Zed said. As he spoke he stared at the nobles around him waiting for an answer. As no one said anything Cale looked back at Zed with a strong gaze. Memories of Alberu, Paseton, Basen, Lily and even half blooded Billos came to his mind.

Duke Deruth who saw how his son stood strong smiled. 'We may not want to be recorded in history, but that doesn't mean that we should sit still.'

"Oppression was only made because of unspoken laws and authorities enacted by the majority. Because authorities condemned the act, those below them followed along until it became a strong core belief." Frowning at the memories that continued to play on his mind Cale couldn't hold back his tongue. The Zed on the sealed god's test knew all the suffering Alberu went through, he had the power to help but he did nothing. Irritated flared on Cale's mind. "If the core belief was never enacted then people would have just thought of it as unique but never condemn them in anyway."

"Then if given the chance should a Kingdom support any marriage between species and gender?" Zed smiled, he knew that the irritation Cale tried to hide was directed at him.

Cale blinked "Huh?"