7

"For our fourth candidate..." The chancellor picked up the parchment beside him.

Cale stood beside his father blankly, he was in a daze, truthfully this selection bored him even though its an event that would affect the future of the Roan Kingdom.

'As long as the decision it doesn't bother the territory and make me do some work I'm fine with anyone.' Cale let out a sigh and took the cup of cider that Basen gave him.

With eye's that shone with intelligence and curiosity Basen asked his brother. "Brother who shall we stand with?"

"Choose the one you think will help the people." Cale shrugged it was a nonchalant answer, the the nobles who have been wary of him and monitoring his every move flinched, to them it sounded like a warning to watch their greed but to Cale's family and friends it sounded like a answer worthy of being commander.

"That is right, to focus on the people leads to prosperity." Queen Litana who was walking towards Cale raised her glass of wine. A chuckle escaped Cale's lips and raised his cup too, this action was followed along by the northeastern nobles, Breck Kingdom representatives, Caro kingdom's representatives, Magic tower's mast er and finally...

"MYYYY FRIENDDD!!" A loud booming voice interrupted.

"Toonka?" Cale's eyes widened in surprise.

'Why is he here?'

A large man who absolutely has no care to those he bumped into raced towards Cale. They felt the ground tremble but the scariest part is the man who held up a mug instead of a wine glass.

"My friend!" Toonka gave out a cheerful laugh and started to talk to Cale about smelling strong opponents from the halls.

"I'm quite surprised to see you here?" Queen Litana was not bothered by the loud voice and greeted Toonka with a smile.

"Well I didn't want to come to this boy section or whatever but I get to meet my dear friend and strong people!" It was a surprise how he maintained standing still during this time. "But that dragon or yours really beat me to a pulp and now I have to stay put!" And that explains it, They better thank Eruhaben-nim later on for this.

"Chancellor?" The second prince asked. The chancellor closed his mouth as he read the parchment of paper he visibly trembled lucky for him the distraction Toonka made gave him a chance to breath.

"I...uh...The next candidate is... uhm" The chancellor paled and his breath hitched, due to his shaky voice people started to divert their attention to him. Alberu frowned, who's name was it that it made him look like he's about to pee his pants. Alberu remembered that he only ordered to put those people he knew that would reject the offer and has the power to do so.

The rest of the people turned their full attention back to the chancellor who kept mumbling incoherent words.

"Chancellor your wasting my time." To break the mood and the chancellor who looked possessed, Former Emperor Zed spoke the hall became quiet and the chancellor who displayed discomfort and fear closed his eyes and opened his mouth.

"L-LILY HENITU-"

"EEkkkk!!"

Before he even completes the name the paper he was holding erupted into dark red flames engulfing the entire paper in an instant and spreading the ash on the ground and air.

The people's eyes widened in surprise, Duke Deruth coughed up the wine he drank and Basen's cup fell from his grasped. Luckily Lily and Violan were back at the Henituse territory, Cale who was also taken back with Lily's name and the flame, turned his head to Alberu, Cale's eyes squinted as the ashes flowed to his direction since he was beside a window.

Alberu stared back at him with a surprised look, eye's saying 'I didn't put her name there.'

Although everyone close to these two knew that Alberu will never do this it made them question who dares. Duke Deruth finished coughing and held his head high obviously standing firm to burning the paper. Basen looked around sharply, he had thought that he cleared the name but it seems like there are more pest than one.

'Human! what do you think?' Raon asked in Cale's mind as he invisibly float around Cale's head. Yes, it was Raon who immediately burned the paper. 'I did what you did back at the Jungle! Did I do a great job?' Raon's voice was obviously giddy as the ashes flew pass him.

But to the people, it looked like Cale burned the paper and glared at Alberu. It would be considered disrespectful and defamation to the royals but due to fear and shock no one could say anything they turned to stare at Alberu to see how he will react but it baffled them more how he looked blank because in addition to his trembling hand.

Truthfully Alberu wasn't nervous, he was livid, how dare they put the name of his friend's sister on the list? Alberu stared back at Cale and Cale shrugged his shoulders and looked away.

Toonka who watched the whole thing with a stupefied look on his face returned to normal and gushed "HAHAHHAHA THATS MY-" He held up his mug and dinked it to Cale's wine glass, unfortunately the wine spilled over Cale's sleeve.

"HAHAHAH" Toonka continued laughing as nothing happened. Cale just took a sharp inhale and stared at the Chancellor.

"I suppose we move on to the next candidate shall we?"

"Ekkk!" The chancellor who was trembling jolted back to the podium on the side and took out the last piece of paper. "No one shall oppose yes? Alright! Moving on!" The chancellor who displayed a face tearing up like waterfalls, immediately opened the last parchment of paper and announced the final candidate.

"Daughter of the Marquis Dolt, Amire Dolt" (Made up)

"With a joyful and hurried tone the chancellor presented the name and rushed back down to the crowd of people, trying to blend in and avoid the Henituse glares that was sent his way."

"Pardon me I shall fix myself and return." Cale excused himself and raised the sleeve that had wine spilt on it. Getting nods of confirmation from his family and friends he slipped outside the door and inhaled sharply.

"How unnecessary." He was annoyed.

—-

Marquis Dolt had a smug grin on his face, his daughter was the only candidate left and the commander they were wary of left. He made use of the silence left by Cale to to move in front of the Royal family, he bowed down in respect after so he straightened his back and faced the crowd of nobles trying not to make eyes contact with one side of the hall.

"My dear daughter Amire, just turned 24. Ever since she was a child she always dreamed of witnessing the Royal families bright future. With a happy heart she wanted to contribute to the Kingdom- even just a little, by lowering taxes on our turf she also had a hand in dealing with trade disputes and other documents in regards to our family. Our family will be happy to serve the Kingdom and its Emperor." Marquis Dolt bowed towards the crown in a 90 degree angle, this much bowing is nothing compared to the bright future his daughter would bring.

Straightening his back the Marquis stared at the nobles who were discussing about it, silently alliances were formed with stared and nods but before he could ask the chancellor to make the announcement a voice broke the atmosphere.