20

Cale groaned he did need the rings from the gods but he somehow felt a chill that is all too familiar

...it was the chill of foretelling that he might get slapped in the back of his head. But as always Cale ignored it and continued to listen to Cage explaining about the significance of the rings.

Unlike in his previous life's wedding culture of saying 'I do', in this world you just allow your spouse to put the ring on your finger and that means you accept them and their vows, there are no dialogues needed because the acceptance of the ring is already an answer.

Basically Vows, Rings, Kiss, and After party.

"Now please present the rings!" Cage thrusted her hands towards Alberu who wore an extravagant attire colored in black and Cale who wore his commanders uniform but much grand in color black gift from duke Fredo.

"What"
Cale blinked towards the outstretched hand.

Alberu gaped at him and stopped rummaging his pocket.

"Your suppose to give us the ring yourself." Cage whispered and kept a smile on her face.

"Cale?! Did you not read the parchment of instructions? You crazy-" Alberu can't shout so out so he hissed.

"I uh... Cage did that mother fucker not tell you anything?" Avoiding Alberu's deadly gaze Cale asked in a hushed voice.

"That mother-? Oh! No he has not." Cage replied still displaying a smile on her face.

"Cale! Your lucky I brought 2-" Alberu hissed then stopped when the air felt weird.

'Human! Can you feel it? Goldi gramps told me not to talk to you untill you get off the platform but this!' Raon babbled as he flew around but not getting close to Cale.

Cale's friends could feel it too, they got on guard and stood on defense but before they could say anything they heard Cale through the Orb.

"Stand down."

They turned their held towards Cale wondering what was happening same goes for the other tribes who definitely felt it.

"I ordered a unique ring for you it seems like it came in late." Cale grumbled as he glanced at Alberu who frabbed his Taerang from underneath his robe, it was in the shape of a gun.

"Ordered what do-!" Before he could say anything the intricate markings on the platform started to shine.

It was shinning black- no it was the color of the abyss darker than void and the feeling of eternity. All could see it little by little those black markings nearly reached the altar/podium.

"What is that?"

"It feels eerie!"

"Mom it's scary..."

Cale could only curse 'What the fuck is this mother fucker doing?'. Cale asked the god of Death for a ring and he said that Cage would give it to them so what the fuck is this shit? Why is he doing-! Is that mother fucker trying to screw mye over?! Cale didn't want this, he didn't want to receive the ring in a manner that it would not be forgotten. Cale's irritation flared as the podium flashed black light. He needed not to cover his eyes because it only seemed like he closed his eyes for mere seconds.

"What was that!"

"Everything turned dark!"

Before the people could panic they heard Cage's voice over the Orb.

"N-No way! the god of Death!" Cage screeched he turned to face Cale and saw his annoyed face.

Then it clicked: Cale's Cale posture despite the slight eerie feeling of death, his question minutes ago, and a missing ring.