3

"Your highness! Emperorrr!" The secretary tried to chase Alberu to inform him about the ongoing meeting of the nobles. Alberu knew and that's why he began running around, evading any pest as possible, only a day due before the final diction. He did not like it, At. All. If worst comes to worst he would need Cale to stir some trouble until l they could find a permanent solution to his predicament.

Climbing up the tree and blending with the leaves. Alberu let out a breath, slumping down on the branch he closed his eyes to refresh.

———
'Is that the prince?' King Zed's aid asked in disbelieve. King Zed took a secretive glance and focused his mind on the matter at hand. He participated on the meeting since his son doesn't seem to want to. It was interesting how the table was filled with information about candidates across the nation. The youngest was 10 but of course he crumpled that.

"What i'm saying is he needs someone to back him up! Someone who can manage the Palace with poise and grace!"

"Bah! We need an intelligent Queen! Who-"

"No! The Prince is capable of handling everything by himself we should look for someone he love-"

"Don't you dare continue that word! For the greater good of the people we must pick by usefulness not by something irrelevant as love!"

"Your right!"

"But what of the prince's decision?"

"He left this to our hands so we must decide on our own!"

King Zed sigh, the next parts would truly show the useful ones and the ones to keep an eye on.

"In that case my first born would be a wonderful-"

"Hold it! Isn't she a widow?"

"That doesn-"

"How dare you tarnish the purity-"

"What tarnish? Marquis you are too much!"

"In that case my only daughter is single and just debuted to society."

"She can't even dance properly! We need a lady with grace that's why my forth daugh-"

"Hold on! You just want that plain daughter of yours to seduce-"

"Watch your mouth Baron!"

King Zed sigh, this will end with no progress whatsoever, more than 30 heads but no brains. King Zed took another peek. Hmmm
Maybe not all is lost. Duke Deruth was carefully sorting out the candidates with a thoughtful look on his face. Along with the nobles that took Cale's side they looked very sincere in sorting out the candidates. King Zed chuckled to himself, looks like his son found himself a good team.

Tomorrow powerful people of the continent would be participating. It would be one hell of a meeting.

"What are you going to do now Alberu, Cale." King Zed stared outside the window where his son can be seen sleeping on the tree peacefully.

———

"Achoo!" Cale brushed of the ominous feeling in his stomach, and continued to lie down, eat and sleep all in repeat. The children got worried if he was sick and even asked him to walk around the forest with them.

"Human! Will the Empress also give us cookies?" Raon giggled he was anticipating to know who will stand next to Alberu and rule the continent.

"Maybe, but we won't be able to barg- visit in his room anymore." Cale shrugged.

"But why?"

"That's because they need pri-" Cale froze.

Fuck

"Becauseee? What nya?" Hong asked.

Cale paled by his slip of tongue and looked around in panic to ask for help. Choi Han who overheard the conversation pretended to be interested on the pebble on the ground, Rosalyn just lifted the papers on her hand higher to cover her eyes and Lock looked just as confused as the children and it made Cale feel a little anxious.

'I don't care who, I need to get out of this!' Cale though as his eyes wondered around to ask for help. Sadly, Eruhaben was not present at the moment due to some other dragon matters. Ron who noticed his masters predicament bowed his head as if to say that Cale got this.

"Humann why can't we go to the crown prince's room anymore?! Tell me I am curious!" Raon flew around Cale's head impatiently, On and Hong stared at Cale with bright curious eyes.

"Err..."

Cale's breath hitched then a whoosh was heard from the sky as if it came to his internal cries.

'Hell yes!' Cale cheered internally then turned around to face the sky to welcome his savior.

"Hell no!" Cale grimace. Soft white hair and cheery green emerald eyes shone from above, standing on top of a wyvern Clopeh waved enthusiastically.

"My god!!" Clopeh jumped of the wyvern's head and landed on the ground 3 feet away from Cale. Clopeh kneeled and clasped his hands together and brightly looked at his God. "Your servant is here to participate on the grand meeting tomorrow."

Cale took a step back, Choi Han placed his hand on Clopeh's shoulder and Ron stood next to Cale with an eerie smile but that didn't bother Clopeh at all.

"Do not worry my god I shall support your decision with my entire household!" Clopeh's eyes gleamed as it stared at Cale's disturbed face.

'This lunatic!!' Cale had forgotten that this thing in front of him is a Lord of a powerful distinguished house at that. He sigh in frustration, the more he drives him away the infuriating it would be. Cale though about it how to drive this lunatic away and with that an idea came to mind.

"Clopeh you care for the Kingdom's future right?" Cale asked.

"Not at all, I only care about my god!" Clopeh replied instantly.

"Then investigate the final candidates that would be presented tomorrow." Cale ignored the comment and just gave out a half baked mission. Clopeh's eyes widened in admiration.

"Of course! Do not worry my god I shall find those wrenches information and eliminate them." With that statement Clopeh instantly jumped back to his wyvern and sped through the wind. Leaving Cale with his mouth open.

"He's... not going to really eliminate them... right?" Cale asked still looking the moving dot on the horizon. And the bedroom talk was forgotten at least for now.