10

The chancellor's breath hitched "The-then with your permission Emperor Alberu-"

"Hold on." Former emperor Zed raised his hand. His eyes slowly moved to look at Alberu. "As discussed your decisions is not absolute in this part, whether it is confirming the crown empress or ending the meet." Zed reminded Alberu of the discussion that he is not allowed to dismiss a candidate, choose a candidate himself and even end the meeting at his own hands. The discussion and arguments will be from the people who are present at the moment and the final verdict needs the approval of the former emperor Zed.

Holding back his tongue and anger Alberu flashed a smile towards his father and sat back down. "Of course I was too hasty."

"Chancellor let us summarize the discussions so far." Zed waved his hands and the chancellor who lost 10 years of life nodded.

"As the 5 candidates withdrew their application for the throne there is no one eligible for the throne as they were the best of the best contenders but, suggestions are open if given permission to speak." Fixing the clump of papers the chancellor disappeared once again.

Clopeh who had been smiling eerily the entire time bowed his head towards Zed who nodded at him.

"Can men be a candidate?" he asked.

"pffft-" Rosalyn slapped her mouth and looked away from the front of the hall to avoid Alberu's piercing gaze. Choi Han a modern guy finally made a decision in his mind that men and men in a relationship is normal... he guess, now he has a look of relief. Duke Deruth chuckled at the question he was an open minded person but if the former emperor says yes then it will go down history and make new possibilities for people though, trouble will come too from people who doesn't like change or foreign things but it can be settled down in a century or so. Basen had a flushed face it's not that he was against it or anything but it was... unique.

Queen Litana who's all in for love just nodded her head as she took a mental note to tell her people about it. The nobles who were either strangely bothered by it or strangely not bothered with it. I mean men to men relationships are present but not discussed, there are men who does prefer men but... officially?

Toonka who has no care in the world has finished the entire buffet by himself because of boredom, so he began to listen to the discussion.

Zed contemplated about it for a bit "Hmmm Men can be a candidate though it might be hard to get accepted because it is a unique idea after all." After being given an answer Clopeh quietly went back to the corner.

"Th-then! My Son! The Bilos Flynn the number one merchant in the western continent your highness! And right now he is making a deal trade with the eastern kingdom!" A man bowed down towards Zed and avoided Alberu's shocked face.

'Greed to the point of changing belief is quite scary.'

"Your son is a half bloode-!" A duchess slapped her fan in her palm but soon closed her mouth as a scary aura erupted from one of the royal family.

"HE IS QUALIFIED!" The man who bowed stood up and faced the duchess. "He is rich, of noble blood, has connections, has access to the Eastern continent-"

" Quali-fy kite shones? what you say?" Toonka who got bored by fights using mouth spoke, even though it was his normal tone but to others it was a microphone.

"My friend has all that!" Toonka laughed as he took a swig of the bottle that a noble was holding.

"Qualifications..." Queen Litana who has a frown on her face, raised her head to speak "Born of pure noble blood, Saved the entire eastern continent, Saved my people..." Little by little a grin started to appear in Litana's face.

Rosalyn who knew who she was describing continued with enlightenment "Fought against a god, Blessed by a god, Saved the western continent from death, Commanded the army, Chosen by ancient powers..."

"Commanded species of both land and sea, Formed alliances with animal kin..." A duke continued accidentally in disbelieve.

By now everyone knew who he was.

Choi Han spoke as he caress his scabbard that Cale gave him "Cares for the people, Sacrificed for the people, and even stabbed himself to save the continent."

Queen Litana knew where this was going and she liked it "Someone who can get everything but gave it to the people instead. A pure innocent soul."

*cough!*

Alberu has blood dripping on the side of his mouth he could only blink as the scene unfolds. Never in his 25 years of life did he have a situation in where a ridiculous scene unfolded in front of his eyes especially when it involves him.

"Someone who can hold down the emperor, A powerful figure not just by name, A legendary hero that will not be forgotten, a god!" Clopeh turned into a blabbering mess as he bowed down and imagined Cale, his god praising him for his duty and holines-

Ron who managed to sneak up to that blabbering idiot hit him behind the neck with a clear concise movement rendering Chopeh lying flat on the floor on his face, luckily his injuries from the war haven't recovered.

"A bachelor, Young, beautiful... cool" A maiden's voice trailed of as she started to turn red from the attention she gathered.

"..."

The hall went silent as looks got exchanged.

It was... weird how they seemed neutral about this.

Alberu clenched his fist, he felt irritated to the core of his entire being it was not because of the idea of Cale being an empress but those greedy nobles? who seemed to actually think about it without expressing their greed?

'This must not continue... For my sake and the continents sake.'

Alberu can't bear it in, knowing how Cale would react... he might bring problems here and there and might even use the people under his command to threaten the kingdom to scrap the idea of him working not becoming an empress but working.

—————————————————————————-

Updates would be postponed, Exams are up and I need to review. Thank you so much for your comments and stars, truly. I promise to return as soon as possible as I also do know the feeling of anticipating the next chapter