9

"Does the Empress have to be a lady?"

As Choi Han choked, Rosalyn blushed and covered her mouth with two hands, Queen Litana looked like she was seriously contemplating about it and Toonka who was there ever since earlier still remained silent as he chew on the food. Clopeh became stiff and the rest coughed and avoided each others gaze. The nobles also had a look of absolute shock as their mouths reach the floor.

Raon who was speaking to Choi Han who in particular accidentally voiced out his question as he had been very curious all this time though he remained invinsible his growing curiosity made him slip.

'Heukk! Im sorrry! I am very curious!' Raon who figure out his mistake covered his mouth and spoke back to their minds.

Choi Han became a muttering mess as smoke began to erup from his head, eyes turned white and his whole body shook as he obviously was not able to answer Raon turned his head to beautiful Rosalyn.

But Rosalyn who turned red as her hair was stiff as her eyes spun around in circles.

Queen Litana was still contemplating about the question with her eyes closed and Toonka who was beside her just chewed without care.

Raon who was oblivious to what made them so flustered and unable to speak turned his head to Duke Deruth and his son Basen.

'Human's Father! I am curious! I give you permission to teach me!' Raon repeated his question again, Duke Deruth turned to stone and Basen coughed continuously.

If they answered the dragons question it may lead to more questions and topics that they would not be teach a young being without erupting to a mess themselves.

Alberu had a desolated expression, his smile turned into a line and he began to curse Cale for some reason.

"Well to answer that question, Its because a heir is needed." Clopeh who now has a gentle smile answered nonchalantly, everyone heard him and started to look around to see who asked such question.

'A heir? ohhh a child! So men aren't allowed to be empress? But they too can have heir! Human's Father have 3!' Raon who suddenly became exited after being answered started to run his questions and his questions were conveyed to Cale's group and family.

It was chaotic inside the minds of the people who received the questions, no one knew how to answer but some bastard did.

"Men can't bear children but a woman can." Clopeh continued to answer Raon's question without being flustered as he came up with another plan in mind.

"Didn't Emperor Alberu declare that he would pass his crown to his niece or nephew?" Queen Litana wondered out loud.

"Indeed." Clopeh responded back with a smile, it was eerie how docile he became since he always treated anyone other than Cale like a bug.

"If crown price Alberu doesn't plan to have a heir with a woman empress... and a men can't have a heir... does that mean that men can become Empress if he doesn't like children?" Raon who vocalized his question turned to the group.

Rosalyn turned white and was mumbling about reproduction while her head spun. Choi Han grabbed his soul that was trying to flee from his body, after all he was just 17 if you minus the days he spend in this world.

Queen litana started to have creases on her forehead as she hummed pondering about the question.

Luckily Mary and Lock stayed outside the palace as they are not comfortable with the crowded bright places.

"Well nothing states that the Empress should be a woman, but traditions happens and humans just thought of women as a natural partners for men." Queen Litana spoke with eyes still closed "So it means that there is no law in the entire world that hinders a man to marry a man."

Queen Litana was genuine, if a child wants to learn something she would make it happen that also applies to young dragons.

Chaos started to form in the heads of the people, what do they mean about men becoming an empress.

It is true that no law or teachings say that men can not be with men and women to women, it was just the way to reproduce... some how the realization kicked in and the people became paler and their beliefs started to dwindle.

Alberu froze, his pupils gone. He just wanted to avoid getting married so what the fuck is happening right this moment?

Rosalyn who regained her composure spoke to save everyone from disaster "Chancellor I believe we should end everything here as there is no more empress candidate for the Emperor." Breaths were inhaled and people started to regain their rationality.

"I hear by-"

"Why do we need an empress anyway? isn't crown prince Alberu powerful enough?" Raon somehow forgot about his location and the people present.

"Who dare ask!"

"Where is that child?! How insolent!"

The nobles who also regained from being flustered was looking around trying to find the child that kept asking questions disrespectfully. Only Cale's group and family knew about the young dragon and how he is invincible at the moment.

"Well an empress is someone who will help the emperor with ruling over the continent, that person will be the most powerful person with authority second to the emperor. A heir would also be a reason but well I guess it won't apply now." Queen Litana giggled as she honestly answered she found no faults in what she did but Alberu was shaking from it.

'I don't want to get married! If I do I rather do it and gain more profit for it!' Alberu bit the inside of his cheek as his beautifully displayed smile started to crack.

"Not only that an empress should have the power to hold the emperor down if need be." Clopeh laughed loudly. So much disrespect have been said in front of the royal family yet the royals are not doing anything, because everything they were saying were true and enteraining. Former emperor Zed just watched everything with amusement, this took a wonderful turn for him.

"Centuries ago there was a king who married a man- his companion that rebelled with him. The act itself was not frowned upon but the people were dissatisfied they wanted a heir who will continue the legacy of either men. The people were afraid of what will happen if a tyrant ruled once again so they thought that if it was the blood flowing from their benevolent king then mercy shall be upon them." King Zed nonchalantly told a story after being quiet of the ruckus.

Raon who had a thirst for knowledge flew on top of Zed's head and asked him directly in his mind. 'What happened to them? Tell me! Crown prince Alberu's father whom I just acknowledge!' The former emperor who was startled began to smile the gears in his head fell in place and he knew who this kid was.

"Being a powerful duo the two eradicated evil from the country and shut the people who opposed them, they had the blessing of a dragon and thus lead the city in peace. The next ruler became the child they saved from the slums and peace continued."

'Then crown prince Alberu can marry a man?!' Raon who was overjoyed with the knew information poked Alberu in his invisible form. 'Pst! you can marry a man!'

Alberu tasted metal inside his mouth, the smile in his face flushed down and became desolate his brows furrowed with distain and his aura came out.

'What the fuck is this fucking situation? And this fucking men to men thing I hear? Where the fuck is Cale?'

"Chancellor I believe there is nothing else to say? Should I end it for you?" The voice sounded like it belonged to the owner of the deepest pits of hell and once again the hall became cold.