6

"I am in the same position as her highness Jopis. I cannot leave my people for it is my duty to protect them." Queen Litana held her head high and her spear struck the ground as if to say that 'I will hold my ground.' Some of the nobles face contorted in disgust and displeasure.

"How is that woman a candidate and not my daughter." A whisper of complaint was heard from the crowd but Queen Litana turned a blind eye to it and rolled her eyes as if a pest was bothering her. Dissatisfied with her confident attitude and arrogance anger flared from around her.

"You are ignorant, is that a think you learn from living in the Jungle?" A marquise didn't hold himself back and the others followed along.

"You think you deserve that seat because your connection to the commander?!"

"Go back to your Jungle!"

Brainless arguments flew by and some discrimination about her kin arose from the heat of dissatisfaction, irked by this Queen Litana smashed her spear on the ground to silence her surroundings. She could take insults against her but if her people were insulted then... Anger flared in her eyes, her expression contorted in disgust as she faced the people with her head held high, she didn't wear fancy dresses like some of this clowns nor did she wear high pointed shoes for elegance. She wore leather armor for durability and shoes for agility this is how she is different from these people.

"If you are dissatisfied say it straight to my face and not behind your thick mask of greed." That was the first warning that fell from her lips.

"How arrogant do you dare act like that in front of the Royal family?!" Using the royal family as a shield to hide his cowardice is common amongst this sea of clowns.

*clack*

"She has every right to do so." A voice echoed, it was not spoken aloud but the tone made the hall dose in iced water, silence fell upon the hall as the clicking of shoes can be heard. The person who just arrived wore a commanders uniform and it was all colored in black, some gulped as the color of the uniform made them remember a certain statement. Cale who just arrived, confidently walked straight in front of the Royal family and gave his greetings and apology for being late.

'I wasn't even inside the hall yet I already heard so much in a span of a minute, those bugs are really acting out.'

After bowing his head respectfully Cale glanced at Alberu who seemed to be enjoying his situation, the smile from his face radiated as he stared back at Cale, Choi Han who was beside him gave a nod and a smile.

After the greeting Cale turned to Queen Litana who smiled at him despite the anger she showed moments ago, glancing on the spear she held he saw how her hand was shaking... definitely for blood. This won't do they need to maintain in good terms with her as the trade route is located near a section of the Jungle.

"Queen Litana I apologize for my tardiness, I had some trouble with my uniform as it was an old one and I didn't see the need to commission for another one."
Cale gave out his fake weak looking smile as he had done so for... a hundred times, but that smile turned into a cold blank face as he turned at the nobles protesting. "But it seems like I would need another 2 or so... what do you think?"

"That is up to Commander Cale but I would suggest adding a little more layer as to help with the cold weather." Queen Litana smiled she figured out what Cale had meant and it warmed her heart how this sickly looking commander helped her just in time. She didn't really need it but in her eyes Cale's action was very adorable and very noble like.

In contrast to Litana's perception of Cale, the cold stare from Cale penetrated the nobles minds as a memory of armies, skeletons, hero's and animal tribes found itself on the surface, they bit back their tongues and avoided that gaze.

'Why is the commander here!! Isn't he sick?!' Same questions from different people arose but no answer came just clear panic.

That silence sounded like a cue to Clopeh's ears as he strut in the middle of the hall once more. Eyes shinning as he met his god's gaze Clopeh opened his mouth to present his arguments. Cale who found it it creepy that Clopeh's eyes were shinning walked to the left side of the hall where his family and friends were.

"Queen Litana of the Jungle is the first ever Royal to unite the 14 sectors of the West continent's southern Jungle, the protector of the Jungle cannot leave her post." Clopeh's words sounded a bit nicer when Cale arrived but it didn't bother the red head as long as he stayed far away from him. Former Emperor Zed nodded his head in understanding he did not show any dissatisfaction by the argument in doing so no one could open their mouth but they didn't want her to be their Empress either so it checks out in some way.

"Chancellor" Clopeh spoke arrogantly, turned his head and walked towards Cale.

"Err...Disqualified..." The chancellors stoic face became contorted in confusion every time Chopeh spoke, Alberu who was some how enjoying the show couldn't help but grin towards Cale who caught the gaze but turned away from it in reply.

'I will forgive you this once for prioritizing cucumbers my dear dongsaeng.'