8

"And may we asked were this beloved daughters of yours might be?" Clopeh who had a business smile asked in a light tone but the air around his was cold.

The marquis answered with a smile but didn't look at Clopeh in the eyes. "She is managing our territory as we speak Lord Clopeh."

"Then can we contact her to inform about this discussion?" Rosalyn was already holding a magic device and directing the call to the daughter of the marquis, luckily Rosalyn already knew the nobles daughter.

"That is unnecessary!! I wil-" Marquis Dolt forgot who he was talking to and raced towards Rosalyn though his vision of running towards Rosalyn became a view of the ceiling.

*euckkk*

Choi Han was lifting him up by the neck, it took them a little over 4 seconds to comprehend what just happened.

*gasp*

The crowd erupted with noise, and they forgot who were actually relevant in this matter.

"How daree!"
"That-that thing!"
"How barbaric!"
"It this how his highness taught you?!"

Choi Han didn't care as he tightened the grind on the neck, it annoyed him how they kept blabbering around and making Cale-nim participate in this matter instead of resting. A hand rested on his shoulders and he turned to look at Queen Litana who shook her head. With a sigh Choi Han dropped the marquis on his derrière and drew his sword but instead of pointing it to the marquis he made a straight line on the marbled floor.

Rosalyn who was not bothered by it spoke. "My my marquis how can a gentle man rush towards a lady like that?" On the side the Breck Kingdom's prince's were held back by Rosalyn's magic to avoid making everything messier.

Marquis Dolt who had angry tears in his eyes couldn't speak properly "eukkk! yhuuu-!" he covered his neck with both hands and looked towards the former Emperor but to his disappointment no movement to punish Choi Han was made.

In desperation and humiliation he turned to look at the nobles who gave him an approval this time responses were made.

"Do you not have any control?!" The Duke of the East stared at Choi Han in disbelief and anger on how little they think of them.

Choi Han did not reply as he placed his sword back into his scabbard. For the days that he was with Cale he grew and knew how to hold back his annoyance specially since the one that would clean up his mess is... Cale.

Feeling a bit happy that the dog didn't bare its fangs the Duke continued. "Your barbarians don't belong here!" Cale's group let those insult pass from one ear to another as they nonchalantly asked Rosalyn if she was ok making the marquis burn in shame of being ignored.

"Trash! just like the first so-"

The hall was dosed in ice, the sentence was made and no one would be able to save the Duke specially from the entire army. Little by little the hall began to shake, dust and cracks began to form and Alberu who knew that he wouldn't be able to stop this covered his eyes.

Mana fluctuations were visible because of its intensity and people began to wobble and fall as the hall continued to crack.

From aura alone they could tell how powerful they were. Rosalyn's cold eyes stared at the people, along with her team, family and friends who managed to stay upright with some help. Trash was a more triggering word than White star.

'Children calm down the hall will break and Cale will have to take the punishment for it.'

In an instant everything stopped, like nothing happened and little by little the hall began to restore its self. Eruhaben-nim who was spectating from a mountain sigh. "You unlucky bastard."

Gaining back their rationality the group could only eye each other. The nobles were scattered some held the pillar, some tried to open the door, some kneeled and said sorry and the rest were lying on the floor. Sobs and cries were heard those who held anger in their hearts could only silently crawl back in fear. The hall was a mess, and even the Royal family said nothing.

Everything on the hall went back to normal and the atmosphere became lighter. It is thanks to Eruhaben was scolding his children in their minds and making them diminish their aura specially Raon who was responsible for the fluctuations of mana leading to a little bit of cracks here and there.

Alberu who some how held his magnificent smile, eyed his father, who just shrugged in return.

"Choi Han stand down, Duke know your place." It was a simple command from Alberu but the calmness that came with it made it eerie.

Minutes went by and people started to stand up, was it pride? fear? anger? or standing? Alberu was a little bit taken back with how they stood up most people would've already fled or even jump out the 2nd floor window. It amazed him how resilient his noble pawns were.

*Krrr chk!*

Noise came from the magic device Rosalyn was holding and a beautiful lady appeared.

"Good day Miss Rosalyn, how can I help you?" Amire Dolt smiled in glee it has fortunate how she couldn't see the mess.

"Hows your family?" Rosalyn grinned.

"Well my husband just got promoted and my children are helping me with the documents!" The lady in the screen gushed in delight and a twin boys came into view.

"I see I am glad for your family." Rosalyn kept it short.

"Thank you miss Rosalyn, please visit our mansion next time!"

And with that the call ended, Rosalyn placed the magic ball back into her pocket and Alberu blinked at the discovery.

"As you can see dear marquis Dolt, your daughter has been married for 7 years and had cut ties with you." Clopeh nonchalantly spoke as if he was asking a passer by to move. Choi Han blinked not only children but married women as well?! He looked at Alberu in pity.

"I-uh.." The marquis looked at his feet as he balled his fist, he thought that no one knew he planned on making her children hostage if his daughter didn't comply with the engagement but right now nothing mattered more than his life.

"Chancellor?"

The chancellor who hid from the tremors by holfing on to the golden throne of the former King stood up and bowed deeply towards his majesty who just waved at him.

"Due to Marquis Dolt's crime of conspiring for the throne he will be demoted to a baron and naturally his daughter will not be eligible for the throne." The chancellor managed to speak but he had tears in his eyes as he stared at the ceiling above. 'I'm alive.'

A psychotic smile gently appeared on Chopeh's face.

Eliminate the candidates - Mission accomplished

Then is the selection over? Will no one be elected? Did they plan this? Then who will continue the legacy? Un-answered questions floated around, Alberu was happy things did become chaotic but at least the goal was accomplished.

"Alberu do you not have any lady in mind?" Silence fell as Zed asked nonchalantly.

Alberu wanted to take this chance to permanently announce that he would not take an Empress "I-"

"Does the Empress have to be a lady?"

_________________________________

I usually update everyday at random times and hopefully I'll do that until the end of the fanfic. Thank you for your continuous support 🙏 ❤