Chapter Twenty-Three

A stroke of lighting breaks the silence, it shines through as the sky bares not even a speck of light, the greedy clouds devour them all, though merciful to replace it with golden drizzle. The grass bows in command of the wind, and the golden drizzle illuminates the dirt, leaving a specter of golden light wherever it falls.There he stood in the center, his hair stood on edge turning white, natural or from fear, but he had no time to consider as small golden flowers begin to grow, their petals gracing his presence, calling him forward. It calls his name over and over. "Allen.......Allen...." as the wind makes them beckon him forward, swaying to and from, hypnotizing and melodic.His feet slowly glide over the grass, his mind contemplating to stay put, but he had no control. As soon as his foot grace the ground's embrace, lightning struck him. He was dizzy and disoriented, with no sense of his soundings, no sense of himself. His eyes shut enveloped in darkness, he awakes to familiar pain, to the cold shackles around his wrist once again. His eyes slumber on the sadistic smiles on his parent's faces, the fear he hadn't felt for so long as his main attraction.And like attractions at the fair, the colorful lights bounce around his vision, his stomach churning with emotions as if he had just stepped off a roller-coaster, and his mind left stuck going round and round as if he was tied up on a carousel. The sweet scent of cotton candy made him sick, and the damp air and laughter of children made him feel uncomfortable, wanting to leave.The ground opens up and swallows him, Allen still trying to keep his head together and up to par, though in vain. He falls unto the solid tilled ground of the school, the busy halls, and glancing eyes, yet none of sorrow or pity. Tom threw a punch, and Allen curls up in Axel's arm and hugs his torso, the impact ribbits along the halls.The pushing the shoving, the beatings, it felt too real, he panics, "Little piece of garbage" Tom spews and spits in his face. The white substance trails from his eyelids and layers itself on the small boy's face. Axel drops Allen and grabs his hoodie, he uses his strength to slam Allen into the lockers.Allen fly's through, the metal doors cascading through along with him. He closes his eyes as the space he was floating in becomes defyingly bright. The warm embrace of a pair of muscular arms wraps around him, the familiar scent soothes him. He sheds a tear as Samuel hugs him tighter, though the comfort did not last long.As if he had no time left, a force hauls him backward, his skull flattened as it hits a wall, the excruciating pains shoot through and in a split second, he sees a tattered boy leading him away from what he senses is danger. All he recalls seeing is blood and death.His left foot hooks on a fallen branch, he falls over into the water, he keeps sinking and sinking. The muffled noise from above becomes distant, his eyes burn as he shuts them once more, the stinging still present. Yet again he feels warm arms wrap around him.He was pulled into a warm embrace, the cold water no longer douses his skin, their touch more familiar than anyone else. Their skin made him feel safe, he felt at home. He wanted to stay there, he wanted to stay with that person. But the reality was a bitch.All he heard before he was grasped but consciousness was " Soon my love, soon" from the deepest spine-chilling voice he ever heard.Back in reality Samuel wonders in the gardens, the bright morning sun dances off the leaves and petals of the plants. The symmetrical pathway guides him to wherever he wants to plan the perfect little stroll for him and his little prince. He wonders beyond the large tree, the furthest he's ever been, he wanted to find the perfect spot to end at.He sees a lake in the distance, he picks up his pace slightly, the beautiful trees illuminate the water, and the green colorsdance around. The swans glide so effortlessly across, ducking their heads and shaking them off, the fresh air was soothing. The light makes the water gleam ever so slightly, yet the short tree with long and wide branches provided the perfect amount of shade. Feeling pleased with himself, he decided to head back and get the basket prepared.As he turns on his heels he hears the faint sound of voices calling, he listens closely, trying to follow it so that it becomes more clear. He leans against the tree as the voices sound mournful, the bark shifts, but not in the flaking old way, in the 'Helooooooo, I'm a door here' way. He uses his strength to pry the door open but to no avail.His hands slip and graze against the rough exterior, feeling to have gotten nowhere, he uses his magic, the blue orbs glide and pushes the locks open, and the door creaks as it slowly opens. Like an entrance to a horror movie, the victim foolishly enters as the door slams shut behind him, no lights, just darkness. He hears a faint voice whisper "Welcome" as his breath hitches in his throat.Meanwhile, at the castle, Samuel's father has the servant boy and Edward before him. Edward was shaking in his stature, the servant boy confesses everything that had happened to him. Every touch, every bruise, every painful memory, every word Edward had muttered to him. Edward just cusses silently in his mind at the wretched curse his father bestowed on him.The old man just laughed hysterically, the servant boy shrinks in his body and couldn't refrain from a tear. In his shaky yet demanding voice, he said, "Guards". Six guards rush in and grab both the servant boy and Edward, one holding the boy and the rest holding Edward.They drag them in opposite directions, Edward was hauled out of the room and thrown in the library across the hall. He thrashes and screams, he wanted to comfort the boy he hurt, he wanted to help, how disgusting he was. "Sorrowful kid" one of the guards spits.Edward is enraged as the door shuts behind him, his fists colliding with the large mahogany, attempting to break it. His body turns auburn orange as books fly off the shelves, they burn before they can even reach the ground. the smell of burning paper fogs the room, the lg9th smoke feathers itself out everywhere. It seems as though he wants to burn the room and make ashes, Like the song says 'Ashes to ashes its time to go down.