Chapter Thirty-Two

Puffing and panting as he paces in a circle, his wolf form exposed, his large paws tugs on the dirt below, his anger flaring. Brayon, growls and wines, he curses under his breath at the shape-shifting raven, "How the fuck!! Stupid bitch!! What am I going to do!!" he lets out a long and low growl.

With a swift motion, his body spins around, his nails digging into the dirt. Brayon bares his teeth, his snout scrunches as he snaps his jaws at the small animal. The raven mockingly replies by flaring its wings and squawking at him, he wastes no time and charges toward the jeering bird. The small animal flaps its wings to carry itself away from the charging wolf. Brayon runs right through the bush and into a large Aspen tree.

He's left sitting on his tail as his head bobs and sways, his wolf whines, lays its head on the floor, and pats it with his left paw. A brown leaf rocks in the air as it falls, and he lands softly on his nose. He yawns as he rises, shifting back into his human form.

Brayon uses the tree he ran into for support as he wobbles back to his feet. His naked body was cold from the afternoon wind. His mind wavers for a moment before he catches reality, shifting back into his wolf, as he races towards the tower where he last saw the Alphas heading. His heavy paws thud on the green-carpeted lawns, he huffs in disappointment, the feeling of fake grass annoys him.

Holding a steady stride as he approaches the tower, then comes to a sudden halt at the foot of a small hill where the tower stood. He cranes his neck down, his nose flaring as he sniffs for Tom and Axel's scent. He continues to huff and curse the raven girl under his breath, failing to even remember her name.

"Bitch got me here in this mess," he says "don't know what I gained from our teamwork, wouldn't even let me go rubber less", he continues to rave about everything he hated about her, from her smug smile whenever she was right, to her childish laughter whenever he snuck up on her from behind and tickled her tiny body.

"Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!" he exclaims. He winces as he lays his aching head on the solid ground, taking a deep breath in, he smiles softly at the scent of actual grass. He drops his body down to the ground, his four legs sprawled, and his tail remains flat on the ground. Closing his eyes, he takes on more long deep breaths, finally able to pick up the scent of his Alphas.

Ears perks up, springing onto his feet, and his tail wags from side to side. His eyes gleam as he follows the scent around the tower, his mind oblivious to the sneaky boy following him.

"How the fuck is we going to find him sitting in here" Axel screams. "Calm down, it's not like we don't know where he is; we just don't know how to get out" Tom replies calmly. "How come you're so calm," Axel says whilst laying his back against the wall Tom was sitting against.

Tom doesn't reply, instead, he pulls his knees to his chest, and a tear rolls down his cheeks. On seeing this Axel slides down the stone wall, his bare skin cold from contact. He places his right hand on his brother's back and moves it in a circular motion. Tom closes his eyes; all he could see was Allen's face as he fell to the ground. "He looked so scared", he pauses "mortified".

"After everything we've done to him, why must he be fated to be with us, we are monsters?" Axel remains quiet as Tom scrutinizes them. "For so many years, he was glowing" he pauses, "for that second before his eyes landed on me he was glowing" he pauses once more to wet his throat with his saliva.

Tom's next line makes Axel's heart heavy, "his smile was graceful, innocent, he looked happy... How can we ever offer him that?" he asks Axel now looking up at his brother. Axel does not respond, they both bow their heads in defeat.

A minute ticks by before Axel could provide an answer. "Regardless he belongs to us... we should be the ones to make him happy, even if we can't, it's our fate as his mates. No matter if we run from him, none of us will be whole." Axel defends them, to which Tom responds by saying "We can never fix what we've done in the past, bro we practically got off on hurting him, and we are cruel people for that" he ends that sentence chuckling into a soft dry scream.

Axel clenches his jaw, his lips quivering with passion, not wanting to hear another word. He stands up abruptly, his face towards the cell door, his back towards his brother.

"He's ours"... he whispers, but not soft enough, Tom replies "It's hopeless Axel, can't you see we've done too much damage". Tom chooses his words carefully seeing his brother's wolf spikes up.

"It hurts, but we've hurt him long enough", "BUT I WANT HIM" Axel cuts his brother off screaming in his face. Tom stands his ground, seeing the baring teeth and the pulsing vein on his forehead. "I want him back too, but I also want him to feel safe and happy, can he feel that way with us?"

Axel bows his head, the feeling of anger blocking out any words his brother told him. In his mind, he rants 'how could he give up so easily with every second he flares his nostrils and slowly relinquish control. 'He is mine!' His wolf latches onto the free opportunity for control, Axel held him back no more.

The cold stone floor sparks as the wolf's claws sharpen themselves. Tom feeling in danger shifts into his wolf as well. Anick, ready to charge, hastes no time in attacking his brother, Mika. His black hair glistens in the air as he leaps forwards, Mika cautiously avoiding every bite, and pounces.

The white wolf finds himself back up against the wall his human form was sitting against, his head held lower, his shoulders flexing as he walks, his ears pointing to his tail which was hanging between his legs. His black eyes caught glimpse of his brother's figure rampantly moving, swiftly as ever.

His body rocks back unto his hind legs as he propels himself forward, gracefully jumping over his air-borne brother.

Growls and snarls alert the guard, their inattentive minds disregard the loud howls as it bellows along the halls. Axel hunches lower as he pierces his teeth into his brother's right shoulder. The gritty whine left his throat as he bites back.

Pulling apart from each other as the venom from the bite takes effect, the Alpha gene kicks in keeping them alive. But, who knows for how long?