Chapter Seventeen

A beaming sun in the morning, few clouds and happy chirping birds, so peaceful, so calm. Axel and Tom watch from their balcony, admiring the beautiful fields in front of them. The green grass with small patches of golden lays down straight to the foot of the forest, small pups roll around and play with each other, their sweet yapping makes the two boys smile.

A gentle knock breaks the moment, Hayden, one of the omegas enters, " Good morning alphas, your father requests your presence in his office", he says, changing his accent to sound British. Tom and Axel always loved when he did that, Hayden had brown hair which he dyed the tips a silver blond, a very youthful look, he could pass as a fifteen-year-old, he was always cheerful and happy.

" On our way bro" Axel replies.

In the crisp morning air, Braydon's breath wafts as he jogs his way to the forest, once at the shade of the branches he stops, hauls off his clothing and places it in his bag, rests it in the tree where he hollowed out a hole. He shifts into his wolf and wastes no time, his heavy paws beat against the loose dirt on the forest floor, and his hair waves and glistens as hints of sunlight peak through the leaves and bounce off as he runs.

Mark opens his drawer and pulls out the map, he lays it on his desk and asks his sons " What now", the two boys look at each other contemplating their answer. " You asked for more time, I gave you it.... we can't keep stalling.... pack members are already asking what are you going to do..." Mark continues. his every word itches their minds.

" We don't know, how can we choose between this" Tom replies, " well make up your mind, I know it's a tough choice, but it has to be made, and even if you do follow through there's no guarantee of winning".

Tom looks at his brother as Axel looks down, their hearts racing, their minds aching from the contemplation, of losing their mate or waging a war, their eyes turning to the map, they glisten with sadness as their minds try to cower at the sight of the two burned marks.

Samuel's fist clenched around his brother's neck, slightly applying pressure, but enough to make him whimper, Edward, poor poor Edward, ' you just couldn't help yourself could you, you had to trouble his mask. HEHE'. ' SHUT up, your the one that took it, you were in control' ' Oh right... hehe, my bad.

The conversation in Edwards's mind made him feel even more vulnerable, Samuel lifts him and slams him against the floor, stands up, and walks away. Edward lays there, his body still hurting, he wants nothing more than to die already. ' Every single fucking time... fuck you, dad,... your stupid curse' he says to himself, ' hey now. I'm not stupid, take that back' it wines, knowing all too well how much pain he caused Edward, he didn't care.

Samuel's heavy footsteps echo down the narrow white halls, he always thought this place looked so dull and lifeless, the heavy dark curtains blocking any form of sunlight, even the beautiful view of the pastures and fields and gardens and homes of the colony. Samuel wants so badly to go out and meet his people, get to know them and their lives, but as long as his father lives he can't, he only has his balcony. He remembers tearing up those stupid curtains, dragging the pieces, tossing them over the rails, and using his magic to set them on fire, they burned into ashes swept away by the wind. He was twelve at the time, oh how happy he was at that moment, he saw the trees, the sky and the nearby tracks for the shipment train.

Allen lounges on the bed, rolling over, and walks to the balcony, he uses all his strength to push the heavy curtains aside, ' this shit is made of metal or something he thinks to himself. He manages to wiggle a little through and open the glass door. The sun over the horizon, the sky baby blue, and the clouds as white as they can be. He gazes off into the distance, looking at the gardens. He saw the tree where he and Samuel were when that vampire dude came. Allen thinks back and wonders what he meant when he said " I just had to come to see my future husband", he shutters at the thought of marrying someone.

A small whistle hums in the air, soft and quiet, it rings in Allen's ear, he listens, ever so slightly leaning more over the edge to hear it. It grows and grows until it becomes a voice, " A fool rules, he ruins, he kills and takes, saves this nation before it breaks. A fool rules...." the deep raspy voice repeats over and over again, chanting, growing louder and louder. Allen pushes himself off the rail and grabs the glass door, hauling himself in, he feels as though he was being drained, with every step he took, he wobbles like a slinky, falling and pulling his way in using the curtains.

As Brayon comes to a halt, the dust rises and settles slowly, he scrunches his snout a little as it stings, but still, her sweet caramel sent wavers in the air and wafts in his snout. He looks up to see her sitting on a large branch, her jet blacks her twisting around her index finger, her pale skin glistening in the sun. " Out for an early stretch, well I guess a pup does need to keep in shape" her light smooth voice soothes his wolf, it pants with fondness.

Brayon shifts back, his naked body stricken the raven girl, for a moment he sees her vulnerability, his devilish smirk creeps its way onto his face. " Pup huh, you weren't calling me that the other night," he says and wags his member in her face.

Her body turns into a silhouette of smoke as she disappears, then smoke travels spiraling around the tree lands in front of Brayon, as her body begins to appear, he grabs her waist and pulls their body together.

" You know if we keep fooling around we won't accomplish our goal" she whisper's in his ear, her warm breath fanning his long neck.

" Oh right, the fucking fairy" he growls, him and his shifting for control, his mouth growing into a snarling snout, his eyes erupting with the color red.

" Ohhh, calm down ya big baby, I want you to do something for me" she slurs' childishly, smirking as she rubs Baryon's still scrunched snout. He shakes her hand off and huffs puppy breath in her face. " Rude" she snaps and pouts.

"Whatever..." he says, pausing before asking her, " what you want me to do?". Brayon raised one eyebrow at her as she chirps," I need you to get sneaky".

Samuel enters Allen's bedroom, greeted with the small fairy's sweet scent as he is wrapped in a hug. Allen hangs on him until he hugs back, the two of them swaying together. Samuel grabs him and walks to the bed, " What do you want to do today?" Samuel asks as he sits with Allen in his lap.

Allen points to the balcony blocked by the heavy curtains, Samuel answers " the balcony?" Allen gingerly shakes his head no. Samuel now becoming confuzzled, Allen grabs his left hand with both of his as they pale in comparison to size, and tries to pull him to the balcony to show him the gardens.

Samuel gently gets up and follows him along but lagging to make it seem he was being pulled, he stops as he looks at Allen struggle with the heavy curtains. He chuckles before giving the little fair a hand, Allen slips out to the balcony without haste, his hair bouncing in his eyes, Allen takes a moment to notice how its brown hue looks, very faint, its color was fading, but he thought nothing of it since it pales in comparison to the massive pair of large white feathery wings that drag on the floor as he walks.

Samuel looks as Allen leans gently on the balcony's rail, he walks and stands behind the boy in between his two wings, strapping his thick muscular hands around the fairy's neck, and its cranes downward to Allen's abdomen. The little boy holds Samuel's arm, well try's too, his small hands barely manage to wrap around the biceps, he removes one hand and points to the garden.

Samuel smiles and rests his head on the little fairy's one, " sure, I'll have someone set up a picnic for us", Allen tries to turn around and hug Samuel but his wings get in the way.

The day slips by so effortlessly as night's curtains drape over, the stars look as though they were dancing, jumping around the black canvas of the sky, and the crescent moon stood still. Tom and Axel are in Tom's room, huddled together sleeping, Mark holds his wife dearly to his chest as they are enveloped in each other's warmth as they sleep.

In Mark's office, his tall leering shadow creeps through, fumbling each draw, each cabinet, every bookshelf. Getting annoyed that he couldn't find it, he trips over a chair and his head hits the wooden floor.