Chapter Twelve

Axel finally calms down in his brother's arms, his naked skin shaking from his state of mind. Tom rubs Axel's chest as he continues to comfort him, his fingers grazing every goosebump it passes, he rests his chin on Axel's brown wavy locks.

A soft knock breaks the tension in the room, Axel tenses and his brother shushes him for comfort. Mark walks towards the door and grabs his jacket off of the rack and tosses it to Tom before he opens the door. Tom places the Jacket over Axel's body, Olivia crouches by her sons and wraps her long slim arms around them.

Olivia had tears brimming her eyes as she recalls the moment ago, she looks up at the door and blinks the tears away to see who it was. Mark lets the person in and Tom got a little anxious about seeing Cynthia.

Cynthia was placed in charge of the investigation at Allen's house, she is remarkably intelligent and could easily find clues and piece them together. She was thirty-nine, the same age as Olivia, she was a mixed African woman and a member of the pack, she has thick afro-like black hair that she clipped at the bottom back of her head. Her face is small but bold with sharp features, her nose is small, her lips thick, and her eyes a dark shade of brown.

She has a small buttoned body with perfect curves, her brown trench coat hides some of her bodily features, one glance at her and you could tell she was a strong fiercely independent woman who holds her head up with pride.

She looks at everyone in the room but decides not to ask questions and hands, Mark, a folder and begins talking about what she found.

" Well, to begin with, there weren't many clues, but it's clear Rebecca and Joseph were murdered. the boy is nowhere to be found within city limits but an ongoing search is carried on. There were no fingerprints on the bodies and the bite marks left no scent, but we found a mask laying on the basement floor between some shackles ". She pulls out the mask and hands it to Mark.

Mark's eyes went wide as he looks at the glass mask in his hands, he never thought that one of these still existed. His mind burst with questions; How do these exist still? Is the fairy council still here? Have they been hiding? Do they have Allen? But what would they want with him?

The room fills with silence, Mark's face held confusion, his fingers trace along some cracks on the mask, trying to feel them under the protective plastic.

He shakes his head and dismisses Cynthia, and tells Tom to take his brother to his room. He stares at his wife as he gently walks towards her, he rubs her arms up and down and places his forehead on hers. He looks her in the eyes and says, " it's the council's mask".

Olivia's eyes went wide as she stares at her husband, her only thought was the council.
.........

My burning eyes flew open, it was just a dream, another nightmare like the rest, but at least this time they didn't drown me.

Allen's body flung up and fell back down unto hardwood, his head ached him a little as he raise his hands to rub his eyes. His body didn't ache as much as it did in his dream, and he wasn't in a room but what felt like a wooden crate.

Feeling the small area suffocating him, he tries to look for any form of light. His eyes caught a glance of a small hole near his knees, he tries to look and see what was beyond the wooden crate. His knees under him felt uncomfortable on the rough wooden surface, his neck craning down painfully, his left eye peeking through the hole, but all he could see was more crates in what seemed to be in the back of a truck.

The rocky road causes the little boy to take a small tumble in the box, his arms reaching out and braced against the sides to balance himself. The crates slide and bump into each other, jumping along with the vehicle.

Allen's mind wondered, ' Where are they taking me?'. He bends his head in defeat but it springs back up in pain, his needle wound begins to sting and itch.

........

Wrapping his arms tighter around his brother as they say on Axel's bed, he hurries his head in the boy's neck, inhaling the sweet scent of his brother's sweat.

He lifts his right hand into Axel's brown locks and lets his fingers part some of the knots, he hums softly, he rocks them back and forth, and he comforts his shaking brother.

Axel's wolf still trying to gain control again, clawing at the brim of shifting, and the poor boy struggles to keep his wolf at bay.

Tom thinks back to when they were in the office, when Cynthia handed the mask to his dad, the look of horror and confusion that just painted itself on his face. What was the mask about, what does it represent that makes my dad's reaction so ambivalent, Tom thought.

........

Brayon's wolf slows down as it nears the packhouse, his conversation with the shadow demon still brewing in his mind, he shifts as he enters the building, his naked body in plain sight but his mind elsewhere.

He walks slowly through the halls, his head hung low whilst he thinks. Broken from his thoughts as the elevator dings but after he enters, went back into his thoughts.

.....

After what seemed like days of traveling, Allen felt tired from doing nothing and being in the wooden box. The five males that were in his house were the ones transporting him, they would take turns to open the box to feed the tiny prince, each of them holds a list in their eyes when they look at Allen, wanting to have the beautiful boy for themselves.

The rocky road never seems to end and the men never seem to stop, 'they must be taking turns to drive ', Allen thought.

Closing his eyes as he felt sleep thug at them, he lay awkwardly sitting down, his head bracing the wooden box as he falls into a dreamless sleep.

........

Eye flying open, body moving around as though the box was being moved, Allen's mind racing against his breathing with fear. The two male carrying the box handles it slightly with care, they carry it out of the truck and into a large building.

Walking through the long halls, they eagerly wait to see the prince. Going into the elevator, not once putting down the box, letting the operator press the button and follow them to the room to open the door.

They gently place the box down in the center of the large, luxurious, antique-looking room. Gently pry open the wooden crate.

Allen huddles himself in a fetal position, trying to somewhat hide from the men. He didn't know what to do or how to react, all he did was put off reflex, being submissive and afraid.

Finally being able to look at the prince properly, the man knelt and raises his head to look at his face. Their eyes went wide with how truly beautiful he is, they took in the full sight of him, especially his majestic wings.

Feeling as though they've done too much for the council's liking, they gathered every piece of wood and left the room. Allen now starts endlessly at the door, his mind boggles with questions, but he's kind of glad he can be alone, but he still felt like he is being watched.