Chapter Twenty Four

He cautiously walk's through the hall way, every step he takes travels before him, echoing to where his eyes cannot see. "The fuck is all this" he grunts in confusion. The air was damp, it smelt old, and every time he stepped it felt like he was stepping into mold. He holds his breath as the air becomes increasingly rancid, his eyes burned at the scent, watering the green sticky moss.

The hall seems to get darker and darker, hushing out the mere mention of light, he snaps his fingers and the flame ignited, blue light shone his way as he continues to walk. Every chipped wall and crooked corner, all seems so haunting. There it was again, his head snaps upwards as he listen's once again.

"This way" the voice enunciated, it sounds so warm and welcoming. Feeling as thought he had nothing to loose or gain except his life, he follows the voice through turns and under fallen pillars, down ditches and sludge. Halting at an endless row of metal bared cages, his eyes stilled, his mind frantic, he was left in confusion underground.

Above him the city thrives, the streets filled with people and chatter, cars drove past the train station where the train comes to a halt. It's steam feathers away as its passengers disembark. The station lively as ever, everyone made their way to their own life. The two alphas await and slowly maneuver their way through the crowd. Bumping into people who grunts and slurs, whines and cusses.

Their presence undetected however as they enter the large city, left in a state of awe as they stood at the entrance. They were chucked to the side by a huge cart leaving the station as well, where they continue to bask in the city and all it has accomplished. Tom and Axel waver in their thoughts, 'it's huge... fucking grand' Tom mutters. 'I thought dad said they were a dying colony'' Axel responded, all Tom had in response was 'as you can see, their fucking not'. The two fairies banter in their mind.

Both of them completely oblivious to the two pair of peeking eyes, they watch in estrange, straining their focus. The raven hair girl perched on the telephone wire, the werewolf standing feet's away in a heavy trench coat. Brayon follows their moves as the crowd burrows a path for him, he smirks as he remembers the musky sent of cologne he had to douse himself in.

The blue sky sets in black as the puffy white shadows the belly of the sun. The streets still busy with people, as the sky pours and erupts murmurs. The crowds part their way and find shelter, some wise enough to walk with an umbrella. The three wolves make their way towards the castle, the raven follows as well.

As the four make their way, Samuel continues to trudge his way through the hallway of cells and bones. The lingering remorse of agony haunts him, he could still hear their cries, their sorrowful breathing. His thoughts went frantic, pouncing on a single hopeful thought, 'maybe I'm dreaming, maybe I'm hallucinating' , but it felt too real. He was fully conscious, and he felt scared.

He stops in front of a cell, his body stills as he watches the sobbing boy hunched over his knees, short rapid breaths, no food or water in sight. Samuel slides one foot forward as it grazes against the moss, silent but the boy still sensed him. The sobbing boy jerks up as he see's Samuel, he confided into himself, shaking and puffing like a thirsty animal.

Samuel grips the bars and pulls, using his strength to pry the rusty metal apart from each other. The bars creeks and folds, the boy watches in amazement yet fear overwhelms him, Samuel stretches forth his left arm towards him, but the boy stays still. Samuel was left contemplating on what to do. He trudges every idea he can think of and applies them one by one, hopefully finding one that will work.

"SHIT..SHIT..Shit" , Samuel ponders even more, "What even is this fucking place" he asks the startled boy. " its the dungeon of secrets.. a place where the council locks away its shame and those against it", the boy softly replies as a tear strays from his eyes, huddling his body even tighter, knowing he was left here to die.

Samuel's magic aura fades as does the lantern in the cell, their eyes glimmering with fear, toes curling in their shoes and mouths clenched as well as their butt cheeks. " Please don't leave me " Samuel hears the boy whisper.

As the last bloom of light collapses their body froze, not a sound was made, not an attempt was made either. Both of them unconsciously staring at the spot they saw the other, hoping the other was still there. The air stood still as the mossy scent becomes more fragrant, Samuel quivers as he feels a soft puff of breath on his neck.

Without hesitation he hovers his hands in the air and with a quick motion, turns around and spews fire from his fingers. The room illuminates a tint of blue as the boys eye glissen with bewilderment, the mournful cries exceeds with pain, Out of guilt Samuel douses the flame and uses his aura to expound a powerful light in the dungeon.

The burning figure cradles himself as the two other men watch, overwhelming hurt washes over Samuel as he soothes the man with indoor rain. The sly man only hunches over, his back welcomes the water as it descends around his torso, Samuel and the tattered boy held their breath as smoke eludes from the sly man's skin. They both ponder, what will happen to them.