Chapter Thirty Four

Weary and weak the alphas take an unwilling rest, as Brayon struts along the cell wall from outside, his nose captures their sweaty scent, however still oblivious to the trail of stalkers his presence carries. The soft grass beneath his paws shreds the grass as he paces around trying to figure out his way in. With time more time slipping away he started to feel useless, or somewhat guilty and responsible.

With a swift motion he was knocked off his feet, "hmm Rookie" the ambusher mumbled in amusement. The knight with buddies shared a burst of laughter in unison, Braydon winces and curses the knight" Piss off fuckers", and with a sly smirk, the knight hits the lonesome wolf over its head. "Nighty night pup!" the knight exclaimed once more, his buddies like poised white men all tilt their chins up and laugh, the back of their hands hovering in front of their mouths. "Silly little dog thought he could sneak past the Knights in Silver," one of the men said with a British accent.

They continue to laugh as they grab Braydon by his right leg and like a child with a rag doll drag him along the ground. Her heart falls deep in her chest as she watches in horror, her loud crows only taunt Brayon, as he just calls her name, his tone a faint whisper to the human ear.

"NO!" she screams as her body oozes black smoke, the Guards all flinch backward, each of them drawing their sword. Like fog the smoke clouds around their figure.

Her body became an endless chasm of fog, a pitch-black fog that covers the Guards and the base of the Castle where they were. The stutter sounds of whimpers and choking escape the lips of each guard, their bodies float in the air as the fog slips in by their lips. It oozes through their eyes and noses; their skin draws pale and limbs spasm. She devours their souls, leaving their bodies limp and lifeless, one by one they drop to the green tarp beneath them as their blood leaves the vessels and taints the same ground.

Like a child's echoing glees of joy, her grimacing echoes of sorrowful laughter consume the air, her voice still taunting Brayon's ear as the guards' body continues to spasm and croak. Her eyes are sealed as she lays beside the one, she is reminded of her lost love. She sees him, she sees his smile peering back at her, however, it wasn't Brayon's, it was as though he never died. Forever, he shall be Her's! Even if it wasn't him, just a reminder.

Brayon looks around him, his heart lays bare amid fear as he gazes in the horror of the sight before him, never had he seen such gruesome deaths. The eyes of the victims hang bare on the grass, as the sockets ooze the remains of the fog. Startled by the soft pale hands that were outstretched, grazing his collar before grasping tightly and pulling the two together. His heart leaps, wanting to be removed from the heckler, her glossy lips tainted with blood and flesh, probably the remains from the holes left in the back of the guard's head.

Raven girl presses her black tinted lips against his, but he was still, he could taste the blood, as she pulls away the red tint remains on his. The hair on the back of his neck stood as still as he did, no words could be muttered, nothing could break the moment that burrows them deep within. Her fingers continue to fondle the back of his neck, her eyes remain locked on his as it gleams with every memory she shared with her past lover.

The guards' bodies lay there scattered around them; they then cremate themselves. The slow sizzling sound only adds to the barbeque scent that now feathers in the air. " They will burn like wood," she told him, " No one will ever hurt you again my love". When those words left her lips, he knew she wasn't herself, the soft chuckles at the end only add to his speculation.

Beside them, still in their cell the alphas remain unconscious as their bare bodies lay on the cold concrete and stone floor, the burning scent from the corpse's wavers by their noses, it taunts them, drawing them slightly to reality but the venom in their bodies continues to hold them captive. The Knights guarding the dungeon slowly passes by the corner, however they pass the bodies, no care enough left to make them work hard.