Chapter Thirty Six

The old man remains silent on the other side, his scowl poisons the plants beside him to wither away. He turns his face towards the guard on his right, keeping his chin high. "Come here" his shaky voice demands, the guard humbly complies, and with his left knee to the ground, he bows before the Grand Council member, his thick furry brows huddling in fear. "Yes Master, what do you need," the guard said quickly.

"Take a team and end their journey in the Centipede's Dungeon, Don't worry about my son, he is weak and like his mother, will never make it out alive". The guard bows his head in response and rises. His broad frame is stiff, he waddles while he exits the room. With a sigh of relief, once the door closes behind him, he hoists his chest up and threw his broad shoulders back as he marches along the long hall to the warriors' den.

The guard walks along, his right palm resting on his sword, he takes a right turn and knocks down a frantic Allen, his body lands on his ginormous wings. A soft wince escapes his lips; he looks at the pair of giant metal sabaton, his eyes wander upwards as he sees a pair of narrowed brown eyes and an outreached palm, Allen hesitantly grasps it as the guard pulls him back unto his feet. The guard then kneels once more on his left knee as he, "I'm sorry His Royal Highness, and it was never my intent to harm you".

Allen smiles as he bows in response to the guard, the two maids behind Allen swoon as the guard stands and continues his way. Allen forgets the encounter and continues on his way to search for Samuel.

The Guards make their way to the Centipede Dungeon, their heavy shoes echo along far ahead of them. They exited the building, making their way across the artificial grass, and circling the castle. Now they were approaching the tower but halted, one by one they pass through the dispersing black fog. Never had they seen this here before and were very curious and even more so cautious. The tall, light-skinned guard leading the battalion halts once more, feeling the squish below him.

His eyes peer downward slowly, the red pool lays beneath his right foot, the trail of remains not far. Stammering as he stumbles backward, appalled by the sight before him. His brother lies obstructing his trail, adorning his forehead with a large hole, pink pulsing muscle traces splattered between his bulging eyes, and his blue-tinted skin held no sign of life. The guard pulls his right hand to his face and his fingers between his teeth, not knowing how to grasp the gruesome sight before him. A shorter guard with large brown eyes glistens with sorrow and remorse and throws up gnawing its way into his throat, he grabs the other guard's hand and pulls him close, enveloping him in a hug, the embrace was short but needed.

Still holding his hand the shorter guard now leads the way with more caution, being careful not to trample or tarnish anyone's remains in respect for those fallen. They had made it to the Dungeons, uncertain of how to cope and now making their way through the halls.

On their way to find the prince they stumble on the jailbreak of the alphas, falling in formation they all huddle around the three men and a woman, slowly making their way forward to subdue them all before they became blind by the smog. The scent was suffocating, most of the guards had to take off their helmets and exit the cell to breathe, all holding a look of horror, dreading breaking the news to the Grand Council Member.

Ringing through the air was a screeching sound, the guards covered their ears. The old man's voice could be heard "Do what you were sent for!". On the command, the guards straightened themselves out and continues marching deeper into the dungeon.

The further they go the more in ruins everything gets, darker, colder, damper. Cells falling apart, the stench a crime to the nose, walls, and pillars lay in pieces on the floor. They pass through lips silent as ever however their armor loud, stepping with caution so as to not disturb.

The state of the place now begs the question, When will it all collapse in on itself? When?