Chapter 1

Today is the day Adelia will make her comeback appearance at one of the biggest award shows. Oscar. With her new single after 4 years missing without any news to everyone and only her mother knows where she is because well, she's with Adelia.

Everyone knows about the Emerson accident 4 years ago and the world was shocked and mourned about the loss. Adelia, her father and her brother just got back from the ice-cream shop because Adelia wants ice-cream so bad. And on their way back home, a drunken driver crashes into them making their car flip over multiple times and the last thing Adelia heard was her father screaming both her and her brother names and she goes unconscious.

Adelia was in a coma for 4 days. She has a brain bleed because of the hit on her head and also, her left-hand nerves were severely damaged. She can't hold things with her left hand for too long or it'll immediately slip through her hand making her hands go numb.

When she wakes up, the only person she saw was Lisa, her mother and the first thing she asks was were her brother and father. She saw the tears forming in her mother's eyes and immediately knew what's happening. She's not stupid. She's a genius.

Adelia couldn't stop feeling guilty for asking for an ice-cream that night. She was regretting that and blamed herself so hard. That's why Lisa makes a decision to give her a break from everything and let Adelia rest for years.

And today is gonna be the day Adelia comes back to what she loves doing before she takes a long break from 4 years ago.

"Alright baby, you're gonna be great. I'll be watching from the table and your Mama Olsen is also there" Lisa trying to assure her daughter that everything is gonna be fine. Adelia was a nervous wreck because this will be the first time ever performing at Oscar and her coming back.

"Yeah, I know. Thanks mom" Adelia said, sighing in relief.

They are now backstage for Adelia to get ready for her performance after this commercial break.

Lisa has gone back to their table. They were surrounded by Elizabeth Olsen, Emily Blunt, John Krasinski, Sandra Bullock, Cate Blanchett and her husband. These are all the actors that Adelia has worked with. She's more comfortable with them and Lisa also makes sure about their table arrangements with the event organizer.

Yes, forgot to mention, Emerson is an influential Family name. They have the biggest company ever in fashion designing, interior designing and also, cafes all around the world.

"And now, please welcome the most talented person I've ever watched, Adelia Emerson everybody!" Henry Cavil, the presenter for that time welcomed Adelia and the curtain slowly revealed the person they've been waiting for, for the last 4 years. Adelia and John Legends.

Adelia sitting with piano and the same goes for John Legends. They are both gonna play the piano tonight. Everyone started to shout, cheering and calling Adelia's name.

"She's grown up already," Lizzie said whispering to Lisa.

"She is" Emily blunt chimes in

"God, I missed her so much," Sandra Bullock chimed in.

The ladies were now having tears formed in their eyes. It is so heartfelt watching Adelia from 10 years old to 14 years old.

-Choose Minefields songs. Just pretend that it's Adelia instead of Faouzia-

Adelia started playing the piano and humming through the first verse and following pursuit with John Legends.

Everyone, literally every single soul in the auditorium, watched in awe.

Now this might be a mistake

That I'm calling you this late

But these dreams I have of you aint real enough – Adelia

Started bringing up the past

How the things you love don't last

Even though this isn't fair for both of us – John

Ooh-ooh, maybe I'm just a fool

I still belong with you

Anywhere you, anywhere you are

Ooh-ooh, these minefields that I walk through

Ooh-ooh, what I risk to be close to you

Ooh-ooh, these minefields keeping me from you

Ooh-ooh, what I risk to be close to you

Close to you-ooh

Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh

Ooh-ooh-ooh

I didn't notice what I lost

Until all the lights were off

And not knowing what you're up to tortured me- Adelia

Now this might be a mistake

We're broken in so many ways

But I piece us back together slowly- John

Ooh-ooh, maybe I'm just a fool

I still belong with you

Anywhere you, anywhere you are

Ooh-ooh, these minefields that I walk through

Ooh-ooh, what I risk to be close to you

Ooh-ooh, these minefields keeping me from you

Whoa, what I risk to be close to you

Close to you-ooh

Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh

Ooh-ooh-ooh (to be close to you)

Close to you-ooh

Adelia drops the high belt perfectly well making everyone mouth agape at her perfect voice. She hit the high notes really well.

Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh

Ooh-ooh-ooh (to you, to you)

Now this might be a mistake

That I'm calling you this late

But these dreams I have of you aint real enough

The song ended and literally everyone in the auditorium gave them a standing ovation. Lisa and her tablemates for the night were crying and clapping their hands. Adelia looks over them and smiles as tears form in her eyes.

These are her own songs that she made 2 years ago for her dead brother and father. She made this when she missed them so much. 

-------------------- 

There we go! New story!! Well, for the first few chapters, ngl, it's not gonna be interesting much but please bare with me and stay because the drama that'll happens! Gonna post until chapter 4 and then we'll go from there because I've written this story until chapter 20 and writer block sucks but I do have a plot where it'll go so don't worry. 

Any suggestion or comment, I'll gladly hear it!