Chapter 26

A cold night air breeze hitting Adelia's skin.

Tonight had been somehow emotional. Not sure where this is coming from (Seriously Addie, the reader knows where it's coming from. You just gotta learn to accept it)

Not just tonight but ever since Adelia's first meeting her other family at the premiere had been an emotional ride, right away.

"It's peaceful isn't it?" A voice from behind that makes Adelia know who it was immediately without even opening her eyes and turning her head around.

Adelia was at the backyard pool after her music session. She is kinda not ready to face everyone inside of the house because she still needs to control her overwhelmedness.

Adelia then heard someone taking a seat next to her but not one. It's on her both sides that have been occupied and when she opens her eyes, it's her birth parents.

Scarlett and Chris.

"It is peaceful" Adelia answered, keeping her eyes at the stars after looking at both of her birth parents.

"More peaceful than floating in the ocean?" Chris asks and Adelia could hear the smirks her father gives her.

It's both making her sad and feels appreciated that her Dad remembers about her little things.

"You must've been joking yourself if you thought I'm gonna forget about what my daughter likes and dislikes," Chris added, which makes Adelia chuckles slightly.

But Adelia couldn't answer the question. Is it more peaceful than the ocean? Or maybe it was the fact that her birth parents are there with her that makes her calm and somehow at peace knowing they are with her and it's not a dream.

"We miss you, Bubs" Chris said, smiling sadly and Adelia turned her head to look at her birth father and return the gesture.

"And we love you so much too," Scarlett added.

Adelia turns her head to look at her birth mother shockingly. Scarlett must've heard the conversations Lizzie's having with Adelia because Lizzie won't be telling the stories so easily to Scarlett.

And the fact that Scarlett feels the need to assure Adelia that they love her too makes Adelia tear up for the hundredth time tonight.

Adelia took a deep breath to try to control herself.

She then grabs both of her birth parents' hand and holds it with her that makes them both shocked at the sudden physical contact she made.

"Do you really want me or not?" Adelia started. She's been keeping that for 2 years now. Maybe now's the time to ask them.

"Adelia of course we want you" Chris replied quickly.

"Are you willing to fight for me to stay in your life this time?"

"Look at me, Adelia Lorena" Scarlett states firmly but still lovingly. Adelia turns her head to look at her birth mother straight in the eyes. She saw Scarlett's eyes started to teared up

"We've been fighting for you ever since we've got you back in our life but I know we have a funny way of showing you that" Scarlett started "If we don't want you in our life, we won't be here right now. We won't be keeping in contact with Lisa in those 2 years. We won't be waiting for you"

Adelia just keeps on looking at Scarlett's face to find any lie lying on her birth mother's face but she found none. All she saw was sincerity and hurt.

"I'm not gonna lie to you that we'll be messing up things in the future with you but it's just how life as it is but one thing that I know is that no matter how we argue, having an misunderstanding or having some silly debate because you're a teenager now is that me and your Dad are always, always gonna love you and be there waiting for you. We will never give up on you ever again. We've done it the first time but we're not making the same things again"