Chapter 13

The next day, Adelia's alarm blaring. She woke up still in pain. She groans. She has to go to work today and she has a fight scene today. Ugh!

Not to mention Chris overprotectiveness.

Adelia got up from her bed, got ready for the day and texted Irina to pick her up. She doesn't want to go to the set with Scarlett. Nope. She won't.

And also, she could go to hospital after this to check on her hands.

Nobody knows about her severely damaged nerves except for her mom, Irina and Rietta. She sure as hell won't tell Scarlett too.

Adelia got a text from Irina that she's in front and Adelia got out of her room. Hands still shaking. She can't use her left hand today.

Unfortunately, when Addie opens her door, she sees Scarlett in front of it ready to knock

"Hey, you're awake. Come on breakfast ready" Scarlett said sweetly and smiling sadly at Adelia.

How the hell did she think that Addie will be obliged to that.

Adelia just walks past through her and Scarlett snatched her coincidentally left hand making Adelia flinched and winced in pain.

Scarlett is shocked seeing Adelia's left-hand couldn't stop shaking and her veins pop-up.

"Addie, does it hurt anywhere anymore?" Scarlett asks worriedly

"No, Scarlett. It doesn't hurt at all" Adelia replied, chuckling sarcastically and she walked away more from Scarlett. She doesn't wanna deal with Scarlett right now.

"Adelia, where are you going?" Scarlett asks

"I got work Scarlett" Adelia replied coldly

"Addie, you're hurt. You could take a leave" Scarlett said

"And stay in this house? Nope." Adelia said and she opened the door and left before Scarlett could say anything else.

Scarlett gonna be in deep shit when Chris knows about this

-/-

Adelia told Irina about her little accident last night. Irina is gonna talk to the director about her stunt scene for today that it will be 100% her stunt double. And Adelia made Irina promise her that she won't tell Lisa, Chris or even Lizzie about it. Adelia said she'll tell them by herself.

When she arrived at the set, Addie was grateful she didn't bump into anyone on her way to the trailer. She must've been early.

All her bad thoughts come attacking her at once with last night's event.

Adelia couldn't stop herself from crying, she locked herself in the bathroom. Doesn't want to be caught in the middle of breakdown if someone barges in suddenly.

-2 hours later-

The cast has started to be on set and Adelia has done changing into today's outfit scene. She's done her make-up so, they won't see her looking dead from crying just now.

"Addie! Baby!" Chris said making Addie nervous but she covered it up with smiles greeting her birth father.

"I miss you! I'm hurt that you came to see Lizzie but not me yesterday" Chris joked, hugging Adelia.

Adelia hides her left hand in her pocket.

"I'm sorry. And I miss you more, you know" Adelia said guiltily.

The fact that she met Lizzie yesterday makes Scarlett cold towards her. She knows it but she shrugged it off.

"It's fine. I'm glad you came to her. I understand that" Chris said, smiling sweetly and kissing the top of her head.