Chapter 47

It has been 3 days since they spent their time together at the beach house.

In those 3 days, Adelia's condition miraculously got better. She didn't throw up or cough up blood. Her mood seems to be in a better place too. She laughs and jokes around with everyone and they couldn't be more happy than this.

Addie even starts to take off her nasal cannula, her oxygen tank that she has to wear all the time now but she stopped wearing it.

This morning, she just seems to have better breathing so she wants to test what would happen if she took it out, and so she did.

She takes it out, heart beating fast because of nervousness because she's all alone in her room. Just waking up. Though how can she get to sleep all alone? No, she has a baby monitor in her room and in all of her parents' rooms. She compromised them into that. She still wants to have some independence and the baby monitor will do it at the moment.

So, when she took off her nasal cannula, she waited a second to pass by and her chest didn't get worked up at all. So, she walked out of her room with a smile on her face that is so big and went to the kitchen where she knows everyone must have been there. Well, the ladies actually, since they'll have to prepare breakfast for them a lot.

"Adelia?!" Mama being the first one to notice the girl and then everyone follow pursuit and their eyes widen in alarm

"Guys, I'm fine. I tried for a few minutes taking it off and I can breathe without it!" Adelia exclaimed excitedly trying to assure them that she's fine.

Scarlett, Lizzie and Lisa just went to the girl to check it themselves and Adelia just rolled her eyes playfully and let them do it.

Scarlett just put her hands on the girl's chest to take note of her heartbeat and Lizzie cupped the girl's cheek to make sure her breathing is fine and not shaky and Lisa just observed the girl's body for any kind of shakiness.

And they breathe out of relief when they find none. Addie just smiles softly at them.

"I'm okay, I promised" Addie said softly

"Okay Baby. That's great" Lizzie caressed her cheeks softly too as she smiled and kissed her forehead.

"But the minute it starts to bother you, it goes back in, okay?" Lisa reprimanded and Addie just nodded her head to ease their worries.

"I'm doing great, guys" Addie whispers softly as she stares lovingly at 3 of her Mama bears "Let's have at least one cancer free day, please" she begs

The ladies softened at that.

"As long as you know your boundaries to it yeah, Baby?" Scarlett exclaimed softly as she stared at the girl's eyes that matched hers.

Addie responded with a soft kiss on the cheeks to the 3 of them and went to greet her aunts and grandma's good morning too

"So, what are our plans for today?" Addie asks squealing excitedly to start the day making everyone smile at the antics.

"We're gonna have BBQ today for lunch" Lisa smirks as she knows Addie loves that.

And it seems to be proven right when they heard her shrieks excitedly and clapping her hands happily

"She really like BBQ that much" Aunty V commented teasingly

"No, she just like to spend the day with everyone" Aunty Ash exclaimed with a soft smile

"And also to tease everyone while at it too" Aunty MK snorted as she chimes in

"HEY!" Addie protested as she whines

"They are not wrong are they, Baby?" Lizzie shoot the girl a pointed look with a smile plaster on her face