Chapter 41

The parents have become too common with the hospital at this point.

This is their second home now.

And oh how much they loathe this place too.

They are also grateful for Adelia's private suite that was assigned for the girl so that they could wait for the girl there without having to bump into others. They surely will take pictures and it will go viral immediately.

"Hey, we came as soon as we heard," Mackie said, out of breath. Must've been from running from the parking lot to here.

He didn't come alone. Almost all of the cast was here. Renner, Downey, Sebby, Tommy, Hemmy, Cobie and Gwyneth were there.

They all were there at the set when Lizzie called the Russo's informing they can't get in today because Addie was admitted to the hospital once again. The Russo's hearing how shaken up Lizzie's voice was, they inform the others so that the others could give the parents a very much needed support.

The cast saw Rose's tear streak along with a catatonic Chris too. He was still in much shock. That was the most frightening sight he ever saw in all his life.

"He's been like that for 30 minutes now" Scarlett sighs in exasperation.

Downey then kneels in front of the man in order to be in his eye level and he cupped Chris face

"It's scary isn't it?" Downey asks softly in his fatherly tone

"He-her lips.... B-blue" Chris stuttered

And now they all know why. They haven't been told why the girl was admitted to the hospital but after hearing why, they could feel their heart dropped to their stomach.

Realization dawned on them. Something must've blocked her airways that made her hard to breathe. And it has to have something wrong with her heart.

"Yeah, Chris. It's scary. But hey, that girl's a fighter. She's our little brave warrior" Robert coax

"Not little anymore"

They all snapped their heads to Adelia laying on the bed, being pushed by the nurses. They didn't hear the door open.

The girl was mumbling and she looked okay than before. Her lips aren't blue anymore but they're pale. But she looks so tired and this time she didn't even hide like she always did.

"Sissy, you're back" Rose's voice snapping Adelia's attention to her little sister.

Oh, she forgot about Rose. Great. Poor girl must've been scared shitless.

"I promised that I will keep trying to stay in your life, won't I?" Addie settles as the nurses have finished setting up her monitor and her IV.

Rose just wriggled out of Scarlett's embrace and went to Addie. Addie was in a sit up position, supported by the bed.

"Woah, slow there, Babe" Addie chuckles quietly as Rose sprints to sit on the bed with Adelia while everyone just protests. "Hey, she's fine with me here guys" Adelia amended

"What's that in your nose?" Rose asks as she points to the nasal cannula

"This is called nasal cannula. It helped me breath a little bit better"

"Does it hurt? It kinda poking inside of your nose it seems"

"No, it doesn't hurt at all. It helped me to breath instead" Adelia replied chuckling

While Addie is busy-ing herself, distracting her little sister, the adults and Dr. Allen are having their own conversations too.

"Close call guys. It's a close call" Dr. Allen exclaims, sighs in relief "She has a phlegm in her throat. It kinda stuck and it blocked her airway. She will have to starts daily nebulizing so that the phlegm could melted away from her airway and it won't be a problem for now"