Chapter 49

It has been a week. A week later, Adelia's condition worsened. A week of her sleeping for the entire time that they need to put her into the feeding tube to make sure she's got enough nutrients to keep her alive. Even though she's barely living right now.

It also means a week of the doctors at the hospital trying their damn best on finding Adelia her perfect match donor

But they still haven't found it yet.

The cast and others have visited frequently at this point. Addie's group of friends always stayed for hours, talking with her sleeping state, about their days and dumb things that they've done with each other and also how they hold back their 'dumb things to do' because they've been waiting for her to do it together. That's when some tears happened when the kids talked with Addie about it.

Noah has been persistent on staying by Addie's side too since he's the most available person in Adelia's group of friends at the moment. He's been focusing on school for now, not taking any job. So, most of the time, he's staying by Addie's side either talking or in silent while doing his homework

For now, in Addie's room, there are Addie's lots of parents. They've just finished eating lunch together since it was Saturday and they didn't have any work at the moment.

Not that they are taking any work at times like this but it's a chillax time for them, just sitting in silence, watching over Addie's chest that rises and falls.

Mama, as usual, holding Adelia's hand, never letting go.

"She sure does love her sleep huh" Papa joked, as he's always trying to lift the mood in the room. Lizzie, Lisa, Chris and Scarlett chuckled at that

"Just like her Mama" Daddy joins in the teasing

And that would always ended up with Mama protesting

"Christopher Robert Evans!"

"Yes, My Dear Love?" Daddy said as he gave Mama his shit eating grin and Mama responded with a huff and eyes rolling.

"I do love my sleep but I didn't sleep like this" Mama said, mumbling quietly

"The girl also got her father's pranking trait and teasing trait. Love to make jokes all the damn time" Mommy added with a huff

"Told ya she's the greatest combination of Chris and Scarlett" Mama Lizzie said with a snort. "Don't know whether it's a nightmare or should I take it as a gift" She joked and everyone just laughed softly at that statement.

And then everything went silent as they just stared at the girl sleeping figure and the heartbeat machine echoed through the room.

Some might find it annoying, but for the parents? It somehow calms them down to know that their daughter's heart is still beating.

"But it isn't funny anymore though if she keeps sleeping like this. I don't like this" Daddy said with a quiet and sad mumble.

Everyone just hummed sadly in agreement

"Maybe we have to start letting her go..." Mommy said, whispering sadly as she looked down on the floor.

Everyone's head snapped to Lisa's direction, surprised at the sudden statement.

Just a few months ago, she's the one having a breakdown on not wanting to let the girl go and couldn't accept it at all.

But now? Now she's telling them to start letting her go?

"We're not doing that" Mama states firmly as she grips on Addie's hand tightly, trying to keep her tears at bay.

"She's in pain, Scarlett. She had been in too much pain already" Lisa said brokenly "The least we could do is start letting her go so that we won't hurt her more"