Chapter 15

Thanksgiving Day today!

Been 2 days since Adelia and Scarlett's incident. Yesterday, they flew back to New York to celebrate Thanksgiving with the Johansson's as promised.

Adelia still didn't talk with Scarlett much. She just nodded and shook her head. Not being verbal anymore. But when with Rose, she just gives her little sister fake smiles. Don't want the 4 years old to ask why she is sad.

All of the Johansson's are gonna come to Scarlett house today to help her cook it since Scarlett house is the big one among the other Johansson.

There's also a surprise waiting for Adelia for today!

Lizzie always checks up on Adelia. Like every 5 minutes and it boosts her mood up. At least someone is concerned about her.

Scarlett on the other hand was this close to losing her shit again being jealous when she sees Adelia facetime with Lizzie every hour.

It's getting annoying.

How's her eating going on? Well, granola bar, cookies, cereal. That's all she's in the mood for.

And for right now, she's eating breakfast with Scarlett, Colin and Rose. Eating cereal but only half of the bowl being eaten and the rest of them she's playing with it till everyone finishes eating their breakfast.

"Addie, can you try to eat more? We ran out of granola bars already. And the process to cook for Thanksgiving today is long" Scarlett asks nicely. Because the last time she told Addie to finish her food ending up with Adelia getting hurt and they didn't talk for 3 days.

"I'm so sorry I'm full already" Addie whispers scarily if Scarlett's mood is gonna change and it makes Scarlett feel guilty more.

"It's okay Addie. It's fine. I'll make some pasta for you before we start cooking for Thanksgiving and if you're hungry, you'll eat that for the time being okay?" Scarlett said softly.

Addie just shot her mother with her sweet smiles. Thankful that Scarlett actually somehow made an effort to fix their relationships and not yelled, huffing and angry all the time.

The smiles are enough to make Scarlett smile widely at that. The smiles that she's been longing for.

-3 hours later-

The Johansson's started to arrive at Scarlett's house. And Adelia is so nervous to meet her family, new people. She was hiding behind Colin the whole time until

"Adel?" Melanie voices making Addie look at them. There were several people that she didn't recognize except for Melanie because Scarlett told her about Melanie before she came.

"Hi," Adelia replied, shooting them shy smiles.

Adelia was engulfed in Melanie's embrace immediately. The older woman was crying, hugging Adelia and kissing the side of her head.

"Why are you crying?" Adelia asks worriedly

"It's happy tears. Finally, I got to meet you again. Got to have you again. Welcome home honey" Melanie said through her cries.

Well, they are nice. Adelia totally feels comfortable around them.

Then, she was introduced to everyone. Her aunt Vanessa and her family, Uncle Adrian and his family and her mother's twin brother who she just found out today, Uncle Hunter.

Hunter is so far the best Uncle ever for Adelia because Hunter knows how to make her smile and laugh. Scarlett is beyond happy when she sees Adelia warming up to her family rather quickly.