Chapter 8

It was almost 5pm. Lisa didn't get back from her office yet. And Adelia was beyond upset but she covered it up.

Evans, Johansson and Olsen could see it through her eyes that she was holding back her tears.

They decided to go back to the Emerson's because they were gonna have dinner there. Lisa already calls a chef and a caterer to handle tonight's dinner with everyone.

Adelia was about to get into Chris's car when Rose called her out to their car. So, as a sweet big sister, Adelia agrees to it. She wants to take her mind off of something and she could do it when Rose is with her.

15 minutes later, Adelia sees her mother's car in front of the garage.

She gets inside with everyone and sees her mother in the kitchen tasting the food.

"You said 2 hours mother" Adelia's voice startled her.

"I just got home baby. I thought you guys were here already" Lisa replied guiltily. She knows Adelia was pissed off when she called her 'mother'

Everyone just watches them from behind awkwardly. Then, Addie notices everyone tense behind her, she rolls her eyes and goes to her room to change for tonight's dinner.

"I'm sorry for that," Lisa said, shaking her head and sighing.

"It's okay, Lisa. She had a lot of fun today" Scarlett assures her friend. And Lisa just nodded her head, grateful at them.

Then, Lisa showed them the guest room so they could change to their today's dinner outfit.

-1 hour later-

Everyone has come around the dining table. They've done changing for tonight's dinner. Even if it is just at home, it is still fancy because of the chefs and the caterer setting the table and also with how big The Emerson's mansion was.

The kids were playing in one of the play room they got

"Adelia don't want the play room to be renovated into something else. She insists on keeping it. For memories sake. And it's indeed for memories" Lisa stated

"Speaking of, where is she though?" Susan Downey asks. The only person who was missing right now was Adelia.

"Rietta, could you get her please?" Lisa asks Rietta. She knows when she goes to Adelia herself, Addie will break down and they don't want that to happen.

But what Lisa didn't know was that Adelia had already been in her room since an hour ago.

"So, how long have you guys been staying here?" Downey asks

"Since Aaron and I married. We didn't move anywhere. The kids love it here and this house is also having sentimental value since it was our first house after our marriage" Lisa replied smiling sadly at the memories being played in her mind.

"Adelia is Evans and Johansson?" Lizzie being straight to the point. She has known that girl ever since she was little. Hell, Lizzie even has joint custody with Lisa but she didn't know that Adelia is Evans and Johansson's daughter at all.

And Lisa just chuckles and then sighs and follows with nodding her head.

"Yeah. We've been taking care of her since she's 2 years old" Lisa replied

"Why?" Mackie asks

"We want her to have a normal life. Scarlett and my career just took off at that time and we barely see each other anymore. I don't want our family to feel such a burden taking care of Adelia. So, we gave her to our old friends" Evans explained.