Chapter 38

A bit of side note: All of the medical terms in here is probably doesn't make sense because I just write it with however I feel like 'ehh I think this is good for the story' so don't come at me when there are wrong medical terms in it hahaa! Enjoy!! <3

Robert, Sebastian and Mackie sat in silence next to Chris.

The parents were giving them a minute to let the information soak into their brain. They needed it because this is a lot. Really.

They also had tears streaming down their faces.

It's not shocking for people to cry when they know everything about Adelia anymore because the amount of things she had to go through at only being 16 years old is a ridiculous miracle that she's still breathing till nowadays.

Holland was standing by the mirror, staring forward at Adelia who was still sleeping in her bed with her tube in her mouth and several wires patching up to her chest. He was utterly shocked seeing the girl who he considered as his little sister lay in bed like this. He can't help but feel broken too.

"No one else knows?" Robert asks whispering brokenly

"Only you guys and the authorities in MCU know for now" Chris responded

"The kids didn't know this didn't they?" Mackie asks with a hurt expression on his face as the realization dawned on him. It's not a question anymore, rather it's a statement.

He was hurt when he knew that Adelia's pain didn't stop with her traumatic event. He absolutely saluted Adelia for still breathing.

"No. If she has it in her she won't even want us to know until the decision is final isn't it? Until she's actually dying" Holland's cold voice makes them all snap their heads on him who was still staring straight ahead to Addie's room.

He knows Adelia all too well by now just like how all of the adults know but they decided to keep it blind and pretend it was that. But hearing him saying out loud, shatters everyone's heart all over again.

The room then just fell into silence. They didn't know what to say nor how to say anything anymore about this. There's no words that could give them comfort until Addie's wake up. No, no. Until Addie got her new heart. That will comfort the hell out of them.

Few minutes passed by in silence, suddenly they heard a loud laugh and gagging came from Addie's room.

Everyone was standing, looking through the mirror and it was Adelia's gagging in her intubation tube, meaning she's breathing on her own now.

Before they could get the doctors themselves, Adelia's heart machine that connected to the nurse station has alerted them ever since her heart rate changing just in the slight so without Addie having to wait longer, the doctors and nurses ran to her room, leaving Adelia's adult outside of the room just watching the doctors and nurses works on the girl who hold their world, getting the tube out of her mouth.

After getting the intubation tube out, the doctors started to do a basic check-up on the girl.

Seeing that Adelia still hasn't opened her eyes makes all the worries on Addie's parents creep back out. She was supposed to be awake 4 hours ago since Allen has weaned off the meds to make her sleep.

Allen, who has been in Addie's case from the beginning has also started to worry but she did not make it obvious on her face for Addie's parents sake.

Adelia was supposed to be awake 2 hours ago at the latest but even after getting her tube out, she's still not waking up but at least the girl's breathing on her own now.

After Allen has finished checking Adelia up and making sure the girl's heart was beating correctly, she goes to her patient's family who were waiting eagerly for the doctor's arrival.