Chapter 1

Jihyo's POV

I woke up to the blaring noise of my alarm, telling me it was 7:25 AM and that the day has come to a start once again. Another day filled with math equations, students asking for simplifications, and my colleagues bragging on the grades of their students.

It was the same every day, every week. Everything I do just goes automatically, like a programmed schedule for a robot in a factory. I wake up, get ready for the day and work.

Just the regular, boring adult life.

I laid still in my bed, unmoving. I hadn't opened my eyes yet. For many reasons, I didn't want to get out of bed, one being that I actually had to get out of the bed.

The bed covers were just too comforting on my body, the warmth that hugged me made me want to stay in bed forever.

I snapped out of my thoughts due to the loud noise of my alarm going off once again, and forced myself to sit up. My hand reached out to grab my phone to put an end to the sound.

"Damn it." I said, my voice coming out groggily. My hand still trying to find the spot where my phone was left at last night, but to no avail.

A deep sigh left my lips as my eyes slowly opened. The sun has not yet risen, so there was not much struggle on keeping my eyes open.

As I finally had turned off the alarm, I pushed the blankets off my body and sat at the edge of my bed. My feet barely touched the floor.

The moonlight illuminated my room, giving me the capability to look around the space.

My room wasn't the cleanest, I'd have to admit that- clothes were scattered about everywhere.

But why would you mind cleaning up a place where the only thing you do is sleep. No one could judge me for being a messy person in certain aspects, it's not like anyone would see this side of me either way.

I stood up and cautiously made my way through the room to get to the bathroom, where I could wash myself up. I pushed open the door and walked in, the lights going on by themselves.

My eyes squinted because of the sudden intrusion of light and with that, my hands took hold of the sink so that I wouldn't walk into something or trip.

Per usual, I started off with brushing my teeth and making sure to floss afterwards. By the time I got into the shower, my eyes had already adjusted well enough to the light to stay open for long periods of time.

As soon as the water hit my body, I lingered there for a minute, just letting the sound of the water hitting the tile floor fill the room and allowing myself to take a relaxed moment.

Hopefully I will feel as relaxed as I do now throughout the whole day, but I question it. There will, for no doubt, be students that haven't finished their homework and try to rationalize as to why they haven't made it.

My shower had ended within a few minutes. I had dried myself off and was now standing in my closet with a towel wrapped tightly around my figure.

My closet was filled with clothes, both for work and for regular occasions. Some people would say that I had too much, but I just think that they have too little. The outfits that you wear sort of make up who you are.

When you go out in sweatpants and a clearly oversized sweater, with sneakers to top it off, people might assume that you are lazy and have a job that you couldn't care less about.

If you go out in a plain shirt under a blazer for layering with matching pants and accessories, people get a whole different image of you. They get the idea that you have achieved something great in life, something to be proud of.