Chapter 10

Jihyo's POV

I was standing infront of the door of Nayeon's apartment, and it was 7:50 AM. It might seem too early to be at her home but I didn't want to be the reason for her to come late to work after so long. 

My fist knocked on her door three times before the door opened to reveal Nayeon standing there, done and ready to go. She already had her bag in her hands and walked out once I stepped aside.

The brunette closed the door behind her and followed me as I walked away to go down and to the car. 

"You came early, no?" She told me from the side and I rolled my eyes.

"I just didn't want to get scolded by Ms Im, again." I responded to her with a grin on my face as we took the elevator to go down the stairs.

A man from the same floor had joined us and stood close beside Nayeon. I noticed she moved away from him and closer to me, her arm almost touching my own.

"You okay?" I whispered and took a glance at the man next to us- he didn't seem like he could do any harm. 

The woman nodded and that's when the doors opened. She grasped my hand and we walked out together, "Where's your car?" She asked somewhat hurriedly.

I walked with her towards the Audi and opened the car before opening the passenger door for her, "Here." 

Nayeon let go of my hand and got in the seat, a slight whimper leaving her mouth as she finally sat down.

It must be because of the bruises on her body, I figured.

"Are you alright?" I questioned and she responded to me with a thumbs up.

My hand pushed the door close and I walked around to the drivers seat to get in and drive off. 

---

We arrived at TDoong High at around 8:20 AM, and right away people had noticed our presence. 

Both Nayeon and I had taken a few days off after the incident- me because of my mental problems and Nayeon because of her physical injuries.

I'm glad we both were welcomed back by all the students and teachers, though I did notice they were a bit suspicious of the fact that we both came out of my car.

Let the rumors go around, I really don't care.

Nayeon stopped near the entrance doors and turned to me, "Will you pick me up at the gates when work is over?" The older asked me with a smile on her face.

"Betcha, I'll be there." I told her and we waved each other goodbye, starting with the day at work.

---

Work took longer than I had expected, I had to catch up to a lot of stuff and stayed in my classroom till 6 PM. 

I quickly finished the last few papers and gathered my stuff with me, running out of the class and towards the exit of the school building. 

I bet Nayeon's going to be pissed.

Just as I expected, she was sitting on the ground against the school gate. The woman looked up once she heard my footsteps and opened her mouth to say, "Well, someone is late." 

"Nayeon, I'm so sorry. I had a lot of stuff to do and catch up to." I apologized to her and stood infront of her, looking down at the expression plastered on her face.

She didn't seem too mad, or so that's what I thought.

Her hands reached out to me and I raised an eyebrow at her, "Help me up, will you? I don't want to break my back by doing it myself."