Chapter 8

Jihyo's POV

It has been a whole week since I last came to work.

The effect of seeing Nayeon like that somehow struck me harder than I thought it would. It caused me to lock myself up for the first few days and pretty much do nothing else than lay in bed and sleep.

My mind was a mess and I didn't know what was left or right. 

Today, I finally decided to get properly dressed and go out of my apartment for a walk outside in the fresh air. My head had came out of the gutter because of the peaceful trip around the woods that laid nearby the place that I lived.

Free from people, only nature and animals that had surrounded me.

When I came home,  I cleaned up my room and apartment in a whole, by myself.

Yes, I did it by myself with no help.

It was when I was making my bed, that I got called by an anonymous number.

It was Seoul Hospital, the hospital where Nayeon was brought to, they had asked me if I could pick her up and bring her home, because she couldn't think of anyone else nearby that would do so. 

And of course, I said yes.

I haven't visited or heard anything from Nayeon ever since she was taken to the hospital, maybe the damage was too severe for her to contact me or anyone else.

It must've been if she looked so detached from what was happening when I was with her in the classroom. She didn't even make any whines or whimpers when she sat up, it was like her soul had left her body for the time being.

I hurriedly made my bed and then went to the front door to put my shoes on.

I wonder how she was doing right now, and if she still had that dissociated look in her eyes. If she'll be able to talk to me or refuses to do so for whatever reason.

---

The trip to the hospital went by quickly.

On the way there, I made sure to buy a bouquet of flowers for her, I just felt like that's the least I could do for her.

Perhaps she'll brighten up if she gets them. 

Who knows?

I walked into the hospital with the flowers in my hand, looking around mindlessly. This place was absolutely huge. If I were to yell, it'd echo all around.

My mind came back to the moment and my body went to the hospital desk, there was a woman sitting behind the desk- dressed up in her work clothing.

"Hello ma'am, how may I help you?" Was what she said when I stood infront of her nose. She looked me up and down with absolutely no shame, her eyes even lingering at my chest.

Well damn, that's straight forward. 

I shifted around uncomfortably on the spot where I stood and leaned my arms on the desk, "I'm here for Im Nayeon?" 

Her head nodded up and down before her fingers started to type on the keyboard.

I didn't expect to get checked out today, especially not at a hospital. 

How unprofessional could it get?

"Park Jihyo?" The words rolled off her tongue when she looked back up at me, a small grin visible on her face.

I really didn't like to get hit on, it made me feel all awkward and pressured. Like as if I asked for someone to compliment me with their words or eyes, I don't need it.