Chapter 30

Jihyo's POV

It was 2 weeks after TDoong Plays and all I did when I was at home was watch TV shows and sleep.

I felt like shit after Nayeon left without a word.

But I never dared to ask her why- too scared of what she might say.

Perhaps she was too drunk that night to make choices that she actually meant and was shocked to wake up beside me, with no clothes on.

Maybe the sex was not to her taste.

Or she just didn't like me like how I liked her- as something more than a friend and colleague.

I let myself fall back onto the couch as the episode on TV started again.

Just then did my phone go off- although I hadn't picked up the phone at all these past few weeks, I decided to change that for once.

I got up from the couch and headed to where my phone was ringing- in the bathroom.

I picked it up and turned it around- it was Jeongyeon.

She called me all throughout the week but I didn't pick up even once. I just didn't feel like talking to her- I even ignored her at work.

But she meant it good, I knew she did.

I guess a little call couldn't hurt me.

I answered the phone and soon heard her voice on the other line- it made me smile in the slightest bit.

"Hey, can you come over to this place? I'll send you the location, it's urgent." Was all she said before she hung up.

I stood there, flabbergasted at what just happened. She usually never asked stuff like this, out of the blue. So it must be something important, if not an emergency.

I put on some decent clothes and looked at the location she sent me, it was a small cafe near my home.

I made sure to take my keys before heading out, going to the car and soon driving to where she wanted me to go.

---

I walked in to see Jeongyeon sitting at a table up front, having a conversation with someone who sat infront of her.

Did she get a girlfriend in the time we didn't speak?

I shook the thought out of my head as I headed to the two. Jeongyeon noticed me and scooted over to the side, making space beside her as she pulled the chair next to her.

Then the other woman at the table turned around.

It was the woman who mysteriously left my apartment 2 weeks ago.

Our eyes met for just a second before we both looked at the blonde, obviously confused as to what was happening right now.

"Why?" I asked her when she grabbed my arm and made me sit down infront of Nayeon.

She sighed and looked at her hands that were laid on the table, "I want you two to talk."

Who was she to tell us that?

Jeongyeon looked back up, "I haven't talked to either of you in two weeks because you've pretty much been avoiding everyone. You two are struggling with what happened that night and I can't deal with you two breaking yourselves apart."

I automatically looked at Nayeon because I was just pulled towards her.

She had slight dark circles under her eyes even though it was evening and she had woken up like 13 hours ago.

"We have our reasons for that." Nayeon told Jeongyeon when she looked over at me, struggling to meet my eyes once again.

I hadn't said a word since I sat down, just looking out the window and at the people that walked past.

"Then share your reasons and make up." The person who made this meeting happen stood up and grabbed her stuff, making me turn my head to her.

"What are you doing?" I asked her as she started to walk away, dismissing me with a wave of her hand.

She walked out the cafe and left the two of us alone in an awkward silence.

It stayed like that until we made eye contact and she decided to speak up.

"Why did she bring you here?" Nayeon asked to which I shrugged, not knowing the answer except for what she had told us.

"Why did you leave like that?" I said in a somewhat rude way, even though I didn't mean it like that.

She stayed silent.

"What?" She finally asked.

"Why did you leave that morning without leaving a text or a note?" I murmured under my breath, feeling vulnerable- something I didn't like.

But I guess it didn't matter with Nayeon.

I felt her staring into the side of my face, "Because I wasn't prepared for that yet, but I guess it was a push for me into the right direction." The brunette told me carefully, "Now I force myself to think about you and us, specifically about how I feel about you and us."

My head nodded along to her words as I listened with all ears, not wanting to miss out on anything.

"Have you made up your mind yet?" I prudently asked, not knowing if it was a question that might come over as rushed.

She stared off into space as she thought about what I said, taking her time to find the right answer.

Then she slowly shook her head, "No, I haven't yet."

And I understood that, especially since it all happened so quickly.

"But just know that I won't leave you, Jihyo. Even if it turns out all of that was a mistake, I won't dare to let you suffer alone." Is what she told me when she herself also got up and gathered her stuff.

I looked at her, "I'll see you at work."

"Likewise." I told her before the woman left the room, walking outside.

Now she didn't need my assistance anymore, she didn't need me to pick her up every morning and bring her back to her home every evening.

Perhaps it would stay like that- where she doesn't need me for anything except friendly talk.

~