Chapter 18

Jihyo's POV

"So, this place where we're headed, have you known it for a long time?"

It was today that Nayeon and I were going out and I'd be lying to myself if I didn't admit that I was a little bit excited.

This was a time to get to know each other a little better on a deeper level.

One thing I was particularly curious about was her past, and no- not the abuse part. But the part of her childhood- where she grew up, what her dreams were and what her hobbies were at that time of her life.

Of course I want to know the same things of her now, but knowing childhood stuff from somebody could be very interesting.

"I've known it for a few months by now, it isn't all too well known in the public eye and that's why I love it. The food is great, the line of waiting is short and booking a spot is always an option."

"How did you even discover it?" I asked her since she told me it wasn't well known to the public eye.

"I heard the name come by in our school and chose to pay a visit for once- turned out it would become my favorite place to stay at." Nayeon chuckled and leaned her head against the window of my car.

I looked to the side to see her looking out the window at the things we drove past.

"You should take the next turn right and then you're there, it has a parking area so it shouldn't be too difficult to find a spot."

I did as she told me and soon enough was parked near the entrance.

"That didn't take too long." I undid my seatbelt and opened the door, getting out and walking to Nayeon's side after closing it.

I made sure to keep my wallet with me so that I could at least pay half the price if she were to offer to pay it all.

Nayeon got out and slammed the door shut to which I locked my car.

I turned to face the cafe and it looked very unique- I liked it, a lot. "You've got good taste."

The girl smiled at me and took us both inside, a bell going off before walking up to the counter and talking to the person who was up front.

"Follow me, please." The man said and guided us to the table near the windows- a very nice spot.

"Do you want the menu now or later?" He asked us while switching between looking at Nayeon and I.

It stayed quiet before she spoke up, "Now will be fine, thank you."

The blonde man nodded his head and gave us both a menu, "I'll come back shortly to take your orders." He left with a bow.

Now it was just the two of us, sitting infront of one another. But the mood wasn't uncomfortable at all, it felt rather calming and comfortable.

"So, how have you been?" The brunette asked me when looking through the menu.

I took a glance at her.

"I've been good, work has been going good and I'm planning to clean up my place and perhaps buy new furniture."

Yeah, I decided to get to work with cleaning my apartment and making it look more appealing to the eye. Jeongyeon was right from the get go, it looked like a mess.