Chapter 7

Chaeyoung's POV

It has been a whole week since the attack on Ms Im and neither her or Ms Park had came to school.

It's not like I expected Ms Im to come to school any time soon. She was beat the Hell out of, I saw it with my very own eyes. The memories of her cries and the blood that was spilled still haunted my mind and even my dreams at times.

I do find it weird that Ms Park hasn't come to school yet, though. I know that she was the one to find Nayeon like that in the first place and that she had seen the state she was in.

We- the students, didn't get to see her face. Which probably was for the better.

Perhaps Ms Park and Ms Im had a close relationship with each other behind closed doors, and that was the reason as to why she hasn't come to school yet. She was recovering from seeing her friend like that.

The assault on Ms Im has been the school's main topic for a whole week already. Some people have claimed that she had died in the ambulance while others say that she was recovering in the hospital right now.

I just hope she's okay in general, alive and breathing.

It was the end of third period and most people were heading outside. The weather was nice today and it wasn't chilly at all. The sun was shining and the sky was clear.

Mina and Dahyun had picked me up from class and walked with me outside to the gardens, where Momo and Sana were. The two best friends were sitting on a bench near the fountain in the middle of the flower fields.

What shocked me was the way that they were sitting.

The brunette was seated ontop of Momo's lap with her arms around her neck. Not quite something that best friends would do, in my opinion. But perhaps it's just their way of doing things.

"SaMo!" Dahyun yelled before she dashed towards the two Japanese girls and jumped onto the both of them.

What a child she was. The three were now in the most uncomfortable position they could ever be in.

Momo was under the two, seated awkwardly with her arms between Dahyun, Sana and herself. Sana was straddling one of Momo's legs, with her own leg trapped between the older Japanese's legs. And Dahyun was the one keeping them in place, her arms enveloped both Momo's head and Sana's neck while her legs were wrapped around both of their waists.

It looked like they were playing a game of Twister.

Mina and I gazed at one another and shared a small laugh.

One thing that I've noticed is that Dahyun really liked to share skinship with Sana and Momo. There were moments where she herself was seated on their laps, their arms wrapped around her waist as she relaxed into her personal chairs.

But the two didn't seem to mind it at all, actually, I'm convinced that they liked it. Or else they wouldn't allow Dahyun to do it.

"C'mon, I'll let you sit on my lap, Chaeyoung." Mina said as she sat down, patting her lap for me as invitation.

I was slightly stunned by what Mina had just said, I didn't know if she meant to get revenge on the other three friends or was serious about it.

But it couldn't hurt if I were to sit down, right?

My eyes travelled to the bunch beside the blonde who were still tangled up with each other.

I looked back at Mina and she nodded. My body moved forward towards her and I sat down on her lap, instantly feeling her arms wrap around my waist and pull me closer against her. It was a new sensation for me, I had never sat down on someone's lap before.