Chapter 14

Chaeyoung's POV

"Hey, Chaeyoung?" Mina mumbled quietly as we made our way to my home.

School has ended and we decided to go to my home this time to do art and eat dinner at mine. I had insisted we did it on another day, but she said she wanted to do it today. 

Luckily my mom bought enough groceries to feed 5 people. 

"Chaeng." The blonde said again but louder, grabbing a hold of my hand so that I'd pay attention to her- which I did. She pulled me along with her, encouraging me to continue walking. 

"About that one lunch time." She started off. My eyes were focused on our hands, fingers intertwined while my ears listened to her soothing voice. "I'm sorry for walking off like that, I shouldn't have judged so quickly. Sana told me about what Dahyun did and I didn't know at first.

I heard the guilt that coated her voice and it made me look up at her. My eyes wandered over her side profile as she herself looked down at the ground. 

"Mina," I said with a squeeze of her hand to get her attention. Her head went up and towards me, causing for our eyes to meet. 

My God, how beautiful can somebody be. 

I cleared my throat and gathered myself back together, "It's okay." Was all I told her with a reassuring smile on my lips. 

We looked at each other for what seemed like minutes but I was forced to tear my eyes away because we were now at my home. 

"We're here." I announced and pulled her along with me to the front door. 

Before I knew it, we were inside and taking off our shoes. 

"Where's your dog?" Mina questioned me when she walked into the living room, examining her surroundings. Our home was calmly decorated, with a few colors here and there. 

"My dog?" I raised my eyebrow at her when I followed closely behind.

She turned around and looked down at me with a confused face, "You said you had a dog.

My brain stopped working for a moment, "When did I say I had a dog?" 

"A few week ago or so! You said you couldn't walk to school with me that morning because you had to walk your dog." The blonde stated with certainty. 

Then and there, I remembered what she was talking about. I had to make up an excuse to avoid Mina because of the threat from Dahyun that she'd cut off my fingers if I didn't stay away from her girlfriend. 

That threat of hers didn't work out so well.

"Uhm," I mumbled and bought myself some time to think up another excuse, "He's getting a haircut today, that's why he's gone right now." 

The girl infront of me hummed, seeming to believe what I had just told her. 

"Come, I'll show you my room and then I'll get us some drinks and something to eat." I said quickly before grabbing her hand and leading us both up the stairs to my bedroom.