Chapter 15

Jihyo's POV

"Have you cleaned that cave of yours this week? The last time I was there I almost drowned and died in whatever laid on the floor." Jeongyeon asked me as we sat with each other in the teacher's lounge.

"Does it even matter?" I rolled my eyes at her, "You're not the one to live there."

The science teacher has been bothering me about my life all day- first she asked me if I ate, then she asked me if I made sure to buy new groceries and even if I showered.

It seemed like she was becoming my mom.

"Do you think I care? If you don't clean your home then what will your girlfriend think of you when she comes over?" She smirked and raised her eyebrows at me.

I inhaled deeply and raised my hand before smacking her on the head, "Stop saying that she's my girlfriend!"

The woman laughed out loud and stared at my face, "Since when do you get so mad when I imply you have a girlfriend, seems like it might be true?"

How am I still alive with this human beside me.

"I'm not mad."

"You surely do get bothered by the fact that I called the girlfriend thing out."

If she doesn't shut it now..

"Heyy, Nayeon!"

I turned around as fast as I could just to see Nayeon standing behind me with a smile.

"Hello, Jeongyeon." She said and walked over to the blonde- deciding to sit beside her today.

"Why are you sitting with me? Don't you usually take a seat beside Jihyo?" Jeongyeon asked her as she pulled the chair back for the English teacher, who sat down not much later.

"Not that I mind you sitting beside me." My best friend winked.

Gross.

"I thought about doing things differently today, and so I'll sit next to you." Nayeon said and put her drink and food on the table infront of her.

"If it's because Jihyo smells bad, then you could just say so. It's no secret that Jihyo lives in a garbage hole."

I shot her a glance that told her to shut the fuck up- not like she'd listen but she'd probably dial it down a bit.

I heard the brunette laugh shortly after before looking over at me.

Her smile made me avert my eyes to somewhere else as I felt my heart beginning to throb.

There fell a silence amongst us all, one where no one looked at each other and just ate.

I felt a pair of eyes on me after a while.

So I looked up and met Nayeon's orbs, staring into my own. I felt myself melt under her stare- but I didn't dare to look away this time.