Chapter 13

Jihyo's POV

It was a huge shock for me when Nayeon told me she had experienced abuse in the past. She had told me all about it and the gruesome situations she has been in.

I saw it on her face that it was difficult for her to talk about, but at the same time it lifted some of that weight off of her chest.

When I had brought her back home yesterday- I was quite concerned about her. I didn't know how she dealt with those thoughts and perhaps she even regretted telling me about it.

Luckily enough she was there for me to open the door in the morning when I came to pick her up.

The ride to the school was quiet but comfortable and we said our goodbyes to each other when we arrived before we each took our own ways.

I wondered how she was doing right now. A lot of the students still asked her about the fight with Yang Sung-Ho, though I wouldn't really call it a fight. He was the one to attack her whilst she did nothing to him.

I hope he never gets let into another school again.

The ringing of the bell got me out of my thoughts and students were getting up to go to the cafeteria or outside. I myself lingered in my seat for I don't know how long. It must've been a while because Jeongyeon took the time and energy to come knock at my door.

"C'mon, Thomas." She grinned and walked over to where I sat. Her hand took a hold of my bag and the other grabbed my arm, pulling me up from my seat.

"I can walk, you know?" I argued with her as she dragged me out of the classroom.

The science teacher kept her mouth shut and proceeded to take me with her along the hallways of the school. From where we were going, I knew it would be the teacher's lounge.

I honestly didn't enjoy the teacher's room that much, it was too noisy at times so I only came there when I wanted to drink coffee or tea.

But I guess I had no choice now that I'm pretty much being forced to go there.

"Why are we going to that rat hole." I groaned as we came closer and closer to the entrance of the lounge.

A laugh came from my best friend as she stopped and turned to me, "You do know they're just like you, right?"

I shrugged my shoulders and looked her in the eyes, "I'm more talented and beautiful." I commented to prove her wrong with her speculation.

And it seemed like I did because I didn't hear a peep come from her after that.

Jeongyeon pushed the door open for us and pulled me inside with a struggle- I held onto the door frame when she tried harder, until I accidentally let go.

Damn it.

"You shouldn't be so dramatic, they won't kill you." She teased me and took us both to a table in the middle of the room which happened to fortunately be deserted.

I got pushed down onto a chair and let out a huff as I hit the chair with my back rather harshly, "If they won't, a student surely will." I murmured under my breath when she sat down next to me before dropping my bag on the table with hers.