Season 2: Chapter 19

Ever since the talk in the infirmary I've been training at home and school. I wasn't allowed to train with Bakugo anymore after our tussle not that I want to anyway, but I've fought other students and it was very helpful in learning their quirks more than what Midoriyas notebook gave me. I borrowed it from him the day we heard about the sports festival. I told him that it would make it easier to find a training buddy who I didn't have to pull punches with and he easily agreed. I studied it that night learning more about my classmates than I would have on my own. I started eating again with my friendst try to get back to some sort of normal. 

The sports festival was tomorrow and it's been a tough few last days of training. I mostly did body type training rather than quirk still much afraid of losing control like I almost did at the USJ. But it's been worth it. I'm faster now and a bit stronger too. I will give Bakugo the battle he wishes for. He doesn't have to say it but I know he plans to kick my ass and he has another thing coming.

We were getting ready to leave for the day. Getting prepared and fired up for tomorrow. That's until..
"U‐Um, why the heck are you all here?" Ochakos voice reached my ears from the doorway and naturally I got curious. I grabbed my bag and walked over pushing my way to the mid-front.
"They're scouting out the competition, idiots. We're the class that survived a real villain attack." Bakugo broke through the chaos that is my classmates. But his words made me glare. They take us being in danger and winning as competition? The hell is wrong with them?!
"At least now you know what a future pro looks like. Now move it extras." Bakugo gruffed. Iida of course berated him.

"So this is Class 1‐A. I heard you guys were impressive, but you just sound like an ass. Is everyone in the hero course delusional, or just you?" the purple-haired boy in the front spoke. Bakugo of course didn't like that.
"How sad to come here and find a bunch of ego maniacs. I wanted to be in the hero course, but like many others here, I was forced to choose a different track. Such is life. Tch. I didn't cut it the first time around, but I have another chance. If any of us do well in the sports festival, the teachers can decide to transfer us to the hero course. And they'll have to transfer people out to make room. Scouting the competition? Maybe some of my peers are, but I'm here to let you know that, if you don't bring your very best, I'll steal your spot right from under you. Consider this a declaration of war." he continued making my classmates gasp and tense up. This made me laugh darkly which made the room stiff and tenser than it ever could've been.

I sat up more straight with what I know a dark look in my eye.
"A declaration of war? Steal a place right out from under us? If you want to be a pro this isn't how it's done. You should be showing what you can do on the field rather than coming here and giving a sob story and some minor threats. Because let me tell you something-" my voice was berating and low yet calm. "- you don't want to underestimate the kids who fought against real villains...and won." I pushed passed him with a shove and walked off but not before turning around "-and another thing. He's not delusional he just knows he's good. Just like I know I'm good. It's called confidence and self-awareness learn it."

Soon after I heard footsteps behind me.
"Oi! Starfire! I won't be going easy on you. Not one bit so bring it your all!" Bakugo yelled behind me.
"Wouldnt dream of it Bakugo you'll get the fight of your life." I turned to him and smiled. But that smiled disappeared once I reached the gates. A message was on my phone and a car was directly in front of me.

"New target: Hero Killer Stain. Tonight."