07: Make A Wish

CHAPTER SEVEN.

Fuck.

She was exhausted. She wanted to sleep and forget all her problems—maybe worry about it later but not now. She had too much on her plate.

She had so much studying to do and it stressed her out. Aside from that, nothing was going in her way. She had the worst day at school.

She lifted her head when she heard the door creak open. She put on a smile. The small boy approached her bed with a pout on his lips. "Hyuck," he uttered.

She lifted him and sat him on her lap. "What's wrong?"

"I missed mum," he responded in a low voice.

Jihyuck bent her head. She fixed his brown hair. "Mum will come home soon, okay? Don't be sad. Mum will be sad too," she patted his back.

"Really?" he lifted his head, looking into Jihyuck's eyes.

The girl nodded with a genuine yet tiring smile tugging at her lips.

"Now, why don't you ask Jeno to play with you?"

Jedi shook his head. "Jeno plays with his friend. He won't be friends with Jedi."

Jihyuck frowned. "Jeno has a friend?"

Earning a nod from Jedi, curiosity took over her. She lifted his little brother in her arms and brought him downstairs.

And when she reached the living room, she felt her lips tremble. Jedi watched his sister in confusion. At his age, he couldn't really tell what she was feeling but he certainly knew Jihyuck had enough. She was about to cry.

It took those two a while to notice Jihyuck was standing there watching them.

"Ji..." Jeno sat up straight.

Jihyuck swallowed whatever she was feeling at that time. But when she discerned the state of their living room right now, she wanted to faint, for real.

She didn't even bother to look at Donghyuck who was sitting next to Jeno. The game controller in his hands, his face showing no sense of remorse at all.

"Why..." she said breathily. "Jeno, what..." she had so much to say but nothing was coming out.

Their living room was a mess. The cushions that supposedly be on the couch were down on the floor, bags of chips here and there as if there was a party, cans of Redbull. Jenna did not make this mess, nor did Jedi. It was the adults, Jeno and Donghyuck. And the one who would have to clean up later was none other than Jihyuck.

The tears she had been holding for the whole day, along with her bottled-up feelings gushed down her flushed cheeks. She wiped it harshly.

"Ji..." Jeno put the game controller down.

Donghyuck was silent. He was always bad at reading people's feelings. Especially, it was his sworn enemy whom he never wished to get to know or learn about her. He only stared blankly as Jihyuck broke down—like a heartless person would.

"Ji, are you mad?" Jeno squeezed her arms.

Jihyuck immediately flinched. "I'm so tired today. I had a bad day at school. I was exhausted but when I came home, I still need to take care of Jedi and Jenna along with my 22 years old twin who doesn't know how to act like an adult," she sniffled. "Do you have to make this mess? Of course, I'll be the one who needs to clean this up later," she said bitterly.