55: Dream

CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE.

Jihyuck slowly fluttered her eyes open, waiting for things to come to focus. She slept facing the wall the whole night because she couldn't bring herself to look at him when she confessed and kissed him like there was no tomorrow.

She held her breath as soon as she felt a weight around her waist.

Her heart raced in her chest.

It had been so long since she let a man touch her this intimately.

Even with her last and only boyfriend, they had never gone further than a hug. You could say she couldn't ignore the fact that she was dating Jihan's ex-boyfriend and to do intimate things with him just didn't sit right with her.

"You're awake?"

Shit. Shit. His raspy voice made her eyes slightly grow because he had no reason to make her blush this hard first thing in the morning.

"Oh—" her voice cracked, making him smile. "Yeah."

"You don't want to look at me?"

She pursed her lips. How could everything change in one night and how was she supposed to adapt herself to this? "Your hand," she said, almost inaudible.

His eyes landed on her waist. He instantly withdrew his hand, followed by rushed apologies. "God. I'm so sorry." He knew for a fact that she wasn't fond of skinship and he would never want to rush things, causing her to feel uncomfortable.

"It's okay." She finally turned to face him.

Donghyuck's single bed left them with no choice but to be in this proximity. One wrong move and her face will be buried into his chest—which had happened but she wasn't conscious at that time.

"Can't believe I'm waking up to my rival by my side."

Jihyuck chuckled low under her breath. "Exactly. Oh, and we're dead if Jaemin barges in."

"I took the precaution and locked the door last night," he smirked, proud.

"You locked the door?" she frowned. "That's suspicious."

His smile immediately dropped. "I swear I don't have any other intention. I did it because I think you'd be uncomfortable if Jaemin found out we're sleeping this close to each other."

"I know. I trust you."

Gaining her trust made him feel some sense of accomplishment. Knowing how hard it was for her to show people her true self, to let people enter her life and read her, made him feel a little special.

And if he ever broke her trust, he wouldn't be able to forgive himself.

"Can I finally call you my girlfriend?"

Seeing him grin from ear to ear made her want to tease him. "Are we dating?"

His lips fell into a straight line. "Hyuck."

"What?" she questioned. "It's the truth. We're not dating."

"For real?" there was a hint of disappointment on his face. "We kissed last night and it meant nothing to you?"