21: I Came Running For You

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE.

Done with her usual skincare routine, she loosened her robe and put on her favorite pajama. A pleased smile appeared on her lips. Nothing beat the feeling after a warm bath, prepped skin and getting ready to go to bed with a clean body.

She hummed to a Taylor Swift song as she got on the bed. "Stress-free night!" She couldn't be happier. She had no due date to chase, no thesis to write—she was about to end the day happily, which was rare.

Except her day will not end happily because her phone rang and a certain someone's name popped up and she was not very pleased to see his name nor hear his voice.

Still, she picked up the call. "Hm?" she said lazily.

"Where are you?"

She rolled her eyes. "Paris."

"For real?"

She frowned, annoyed. But she did notice he sounded different. His voice was extra raspy and deep as if he was in fear. Don't be fooled, Ji. It's Donghyuck. She proceeded to say, "No, bitch. At home, of course." She glanced at the time. "It's 9 pm?"

"Can you come over—"

It took her less than two seconds to reply. "No. Do it on your own. I wrote the biography for President and Vice President. You do Jaehyun's."

"That's not what I mean," he said almost painfully.

"Do it, asshole."

"Ji—"

"Are you done?" she asked hastily.

"But Jihyuck—"

She couldn't care less about him or his struggles. All she wanted was to get a peaceful night, without work and stress. "Bye!"

She threw her phone to the side and pulled the duvet up to her chin. She sighed. "Can't he let me live my life peacefully?"

Ting!

"Whatever. I'm not going to read your text, Donghyuck."

She hugged a pillow close to her chest, trying to find the best position to sleep.

Ting!

"I don't care. I don't care," she repeated to herself.

Ting! Ting! Ting!

"Damn it," she extended her hand, finding her phone. "This better be important."

Hulk Hogan:
Are you really busy?
Jaemin and Renjun are at Jisung's.

She rolled her eyes. "What does that has to do with me?"

It's...
Raining.
I'm sorry but can you come over?

"Did I read that right? He said he is sorry?" she gasped. She looked down at her phone again. For a few seconds, she was about to laugh because seeing Donghyuck apologizing? It was as if the world was ending. But something was off. He looked desperate.