38: When The Time Comes

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT.

"I bet you have more savings than I do," she said to Chenle, sounding a little envious.

Chenle texted her this morning, inviting her to have lunch with everyone else at his restaurant. She was speechless when she knew that besides a flower shop, he also ran a dining place. A fancy one.

"Enough for me to be happy?" he replied.

"I want to drop out of college," Jaemin sighed.

Jihyuck's face twisted into a judgemental look. "Drop out and you'll eat rocks for the rest of your life," she spat out without hesitation, making Jaemin turn sullen.

"But the flower shop is run by my mother. I only help do the delivery when I have time," Chenle told.

"You're too cool, oh my God," Jihyuck recoiled, acting as if she was intimidated by the younger boy.

"I don't see Heejin," Renjun suddenly pointed out.

"She's using the restroom," Jeno said.

Jihyuck felt something strange inside. Yes, she felt bad up until now that Jeno cut his relationship with Heejin just because of her. Yet, it felt odd to see him befriend her again.

She let out a silent sigh.

"By the way," she straightened her back, diverting the topic to distract herself. "Chenle, the flower you sent, it was from Donghyuck."

Donghyuck's eyes bulged and he went into a whole coughing fit, making everyone turn their head to look at him.

"Donghyuck, are you okay?" Renjun asked, patting his back a few times.

"What's wrong with him?" Jeno furrowed his brows, judging his friend in silence. But that was until Jihyuck's voice repeated inside his head and he realized something. "The flower was from him?!" he shrieked.

Renjun winced at Jeno's loud voice.

Jaemin's eyes widened. He snapped his head in Jihyuck's direction and then Donghyuck. "You," he stared at him. A look of betrayal plastered on his face. "What's going on? What prank are you trying to pull here?"

Jeno's jaw almost dropped. He didn't expect Jaemin to be so slow at reading the situation. Baffled, he drew his eyes to Renjun but he was already looking at him.

"I want to hit his head so bad," Renjun said, deadpan.

"Same," Jeno nodded.

"Wow," Chenle clapped his hands, smiling. "So, he's your boyfriend?"

Jihyuck's face turned sour. "No?"

Chenle's brow lifted. "Oh—"

"Can we not talk about this? Please," Donghyuck interfered. There was a sense of desperation in his voice. Because damn, he wished he had the ability like Thanos did. He would snap his finger and disappear from planet Earth so bad.

"Oh, don't even think about ignoring my question, Donghyuck," Jaemin slammed the table. His voice was stern.

Donghyuck sighed.