08: Vanilla Scent

CHAPTER EIGHT.

This was a mistake.

Jaemin, the one who suggested the idea of bringing Jihyuck along with them on their two days and one-night trip to Donghyuck's house, started to regret his decision.

Renjun could only cup his ears with his hands. On the other hand, Jeno carefully gripped the seatbelt, gulping down nervously as Donghyuck drove the car at an unsafe speed. "God, protect me."

As early as 8 am, Donghyuck, Renjun and Jaemin arrived in front of the twins' house to pick them up as planned.

Not even 10 minutes on their way, a shouting battle ensued. It started when Donghyuck stopped the car abruptly while Jihyuck was doing her eyeliner.

"You imbecile human!" Jihyuck screamed, staring at herself in the mirror with horror in her eyes. "Can't you drive properly?"

Donghyuck turned his head. "Excuse me?" he raised his brows. "You can drive instead if you think you're so much better at driving," he glared at her.

"Thank you for the compliment, Donghyuck," she spat out as she harshly rubbed her eyes with a wet tissue.

That was not the end to their bickering.

One hour later, in the backseats, Renjun and Jaemin eventually fell asleep. Jeno was sleepy but made sure he stayed awake to accompany Donghyuck who was driving.

Jihyuck frowned. She removed her earphones and leaned forward. "Excuse me, Donghyuck. Do you not see that your friends are sleeping? Can you lower the volume?" she questioned as the man suddenly raised the volume of the radio.

"I need to stay awake," he replied monotonously.

"Yeah, you could talk to Jeno?"

"He's boring," he shrugged his shoulders.

Jihyuck rolled her eyes and slammed her back against the seat. "You're so disrespectful," she said, thinking it wouldn't reach Donghyuck but somehow, he heard it.

"Get on my nerves again and I'll ditch you," he sternly said.

"Wow, you're so scary, Donghyuck," she mocked before she stuffed her earphones back into her ears.

Resting her head against the window as she listened to Mac DeMarco, her eyelids slowly got heavier and she eventually fell asleep.

Two hours later, they finally reached their destination. Donghyuck immediately slid off his seat and stretched his sore body from sitting in the same position for quite a while.

Meanwhile, Jeno went to open the door to the passenger seats and gave a light squeeze on his twin's arm. "Ji, we're here," he mumbled.

The girl slowly fluttered her eyes, trying to adapt to the bright lighting. She shifted in her seat and shook Jaemin's body. "Jaemin, we've arrived." And since Jihyuck wasn't the closest with Renjun, Jeno went to the other side and woke him up.

As soon as she got off the car, she was paralyzed to the ground. She couldn't move, too astounded at the scenery before her eyes. The rumors she heard about Donghyuck being extremely wealthy were true then.