61: Him Through Her Eyes

CHAPTER SIXTY-ONE.

The blue sky was dotted with fluffy white clouds that drifted along the gentle breeze and the afternoon sun shone through the trees, creating mysterious shadows.

"I miss Jenna already," Jeno said, his lips curling down.

Jihyuck's mouth parted in disbelief. She looked at him up and down, judging him openly. "Can't believe you have a favorite sibling."

He snickered. "Oh, come on. We all know Jedi is your favorite."

"No, he's not," she denied. "I love both of them equally, unlike you."

"Yes, he is," Jeno said again.

The corner of Jihyo's lips rose gently. "Seeing how both of you care for your father's children made me feel very proud. You guys have grown to be such loving and sweet people."

"It took Ji some time to accept Jenna though," Jeno said. "She ignored her for a few days but in the end, she slept with her nearly every night!"

She kicked his leg hard under the table. "Shut up."

"Are they okay with you guys moving out?" Jihyo asked, simply curious.

"Of course not," Jihyuck responded. There was a sense of guilt in her voice. "They cried a lot and refused to let me go but Donghyuck talked to them. Eventually, they were fine with it."

"They must've grown attached to you," Jihyo replied, feeling sad for them.

"Surely. Ji is their second parent, ma. I think they sleep in Jihyuck's room more often than they do in their parents'. Ji was the one who spent time with them on weekends. She baked with them, helped them do their homework, watch shows together, and even brought them to the zoo and waterpark," Jeno told.

Now that Jeno recalled the memories she made with them, she only missed them more. It had only been a week but it felt like forever.

Jihyuck clicked her tongue, annoyed. "You made my eyes water."

Jihyo patted the girl's back. "Go visit them if you miss them."

"I definitely will but after my final exams. I'm so busy these days and have a lot in mind. I prefer seeing them when I have nothing to worry about," she responded.

"You're busy?" Jeno raised a brow. "Didn't you hang out at Donghyuck's place yesterday?"

Her eyes rolled. "Of course, Jaemin would tell you. That traitor. I went there to study with him—"

Jeno sneered. "Sure, sure," he waved his hand dismissively.

"I'm telling the truth!" Jihyuck contended.

"Let them be, Jeno," Jihyo spoke.

He frowned. "Mama, did Donghyuck bribe you or something? Why do you always take his side? How can you trust him so easily? You just met him a few weeks ago."

She shrugged her shoulders. "He's a nice guy."

"Please," Jeno snickered. "You don't know how much of an asshole he was to Ji. I don't even know how he shifts into this new version of him so fast. Love is magic for real."