26: But Thank You, For Surviving.

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX.

The smile never left her lips throughout dinner. She couldn't believe that she was smiling and laughing genuinely with people who felt more like her family than her own.

It set her heart at peace.

"I remember him screaming at the top of his lung when he came home because you won that one quiz," Mrs. Lee told, smiling.

A frown appeared on Donghyuck's face. "Mom!" he turned his head to Jihyuck with a straight face. "I did not do anything like that," he emphasized.

She raised her brows, teasing him. She leaned to her side. "He played cool when the lecturer announced me as the winner, though," she whispered to Mrs. Lee.

"I did not—"

Mrs. Lee narrowed her eyes with a mischievous smile on her lips. "Trying to be a man in front of Hyuck?"

His eyes bulged in disbelief. "Mom, is she your daughter now?"

"Yeah?" the older woman winked at Jihyuck, making her laugh.

Donghyuck subconsciously pouted his lips. "This is so annoying," he tilted his head.

Mr. Lee shook his head as he watched his wife and the young girl tease the sullen boy. Warmth spread across his chest to see the huge grin on his wife's lips. She had been wanting a daughter since forever but perhaps it wasn't written for them.

"So, you came here to interview me?" Mr. Lee asked.

Donghyuck nodded. "This bi—" he instantly pressed his lips when he received a sharp glare from his mother. "I mean, she was supposed to find another alumnus for us to interview but she forgot. I don't know how the hell did she forget but here we are."

Mr. Lee hummed in acknowledgment. "We'll do it tomorrow, then," he said, looking at Jihyuck.

She returned his smile politely. "I don't know you are a lawyer, sir," she said. Her eyes gleamed with respect and admiration.

The older man laughed. "A completely different path from you guys right?"

She nodded.

"Donghyuck didn't want to study law," Mrs. Lee told.

"Well, that's because it's boring," Donghyuck defended himself.

"It's not boring," his father responded.

"It is."

"Hyuck?" Mrs. Lee suddenly said.

She hummed.

"Why do you study Accounting? Do you love numbers or something?" Mrs. Lee asked, curious.

Donghyuck centered his focus on the girl as well. He never really know anything about her. To be honest, she didn't seem like she enjoyed Accounting as he did. It was just his observation.

And he also knew, by his observations, she was great at writing. He wondered why she didn't take that path. Most articles and biographies she wrote for Neotech received nice comments and praises.