53: Finally Her First Choice

CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE.

Maybe she shouldn't have asked for a hug from Donghyuck. She had totally lost her mind. Though she was not going to deny being in his embrace put her heart in a state of peace she had never felt with anyone else before.

Donghyuck and Jihyuck sat on the boy's bed in silence.

"Can you lend me a pillow and this comforter?" she broke the silence.

He looked at her as if she had just said something wrong. "I can't sleep if any of my pillows are missing. Plus, what should I cover myself with if you take my comforter?"

"How should I sleep then?" she disputed.

He let out a snicker. "Why did you run away? You could've slept comfortably in your bed."

Her lips parted in disbelief. "I only asked for a pillow and the comforter to sleep in the living room. Fine!"

He watched as she stood up, stomping her feet towards the door. "Where are you going?"

She turned around. Her face was red. "Fucking sleep, Donghyuck. What else?"

"Without a pillow and a blanket?"

Her patience was thinning with every word that left his mouth. She ran her hand through her hair as she sucked a deep breath. "Talking to you is a whole damn sport. It requires a lot of energy and patience," she let out. "And I don't have the time to fucking do that."

The corner of his lips was threatening to curl up. Be it four years ago or now, Jihyuck was still hot whenever she was upset.

"You sure you can sleep just like that in the living room? It's cold."

"That's s why I'm going to Jaemin's room."

He chuckled. "I see. I see. You think he'll—wait what?!" he shrieked, causing her to flinch at the sudden rise of volume.

"Is it that surprising?" she questioned.

"Why are you going to his room?"

"You're going to borrow his pillow—"

"No," she cut off.

"Then?"

"I'm going to sleep in his room."

"You're going to what?!" he hollered.

She frowned. "Shut up. It's 9 pm!"

"Sorry," he said. "But you're not sleeping with Jaemin."

She raised her brows. "I don't know why I should listen to you."

His expression completely changed. "Hyuck—"

"You don't want to lend me your pillow and blanket. So I'm sleeping with Jaemin so we can share. Besides, I trust Jaemin. You trust him. We know he's not going to do anything I don't like—"

"Trust me," he cut in.

"What?"

"Trust me, Hyuck," he repeated. He patted a spot on his bed as he looked at her with eyes full of hope. "Sleep with me."