32: Can We Talk Again?

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO.

After the ice-breaking session, they played Mafia. They were just informed by the teachers that only thirty students were participating in this program—which they didn't mind since they could be more attentive to each one of them. Most of them were 17 to 15 years old.

The Mafia game helped strengthened their bond and trust for each other—a great beginning.

During lunch, the girls dragged Jihyuck to have lunch with them but she was supposed to have lunch with her friends. Something stopped her from declining their offer. Maybe because they seemed comfortable around her and she felt like she was one of them.

Donghyuck approached the round table in the corner of the dining hall. He sat in between Renjun and Jungwoo. In front of him were Jeno, Jaemin and Jisung.

"You okay?" Renjun nudged him in the rib. "You're quiet since morning."

Jaemin huffed, "He's quiet since last week. He didn't even talk to us at home," he revealed, looking sullen.

Jeno raised his brows. "You're still—mad?"

Donghyuck finally lifted his head. "I'm mad?"

Jaemin rolled his eyes. "Are you kidding me?" he stared at him, deadpan. "If you're not, then what's with your attitude these past few days? You rarely got out of your room. You don't even eat with us," he recalled.

Jungwoo suddenly broke into laughter. He quickly reached for a piece of tissue to wipe his mouth. All eyes were on him, utterly perplexed. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

"You okay?" Jeno passed him a bottle of mineral water.

He accepted it gladly. "It's just—" he grinned, shaking his head. "It looks like Jaemin is upset because his boyfriend won't eat with him."

Donghyuck's face contorted in disgust. "Please. That's disgusting. He's like that with everyone."

"So," Jeno took a bite of his bread. "You're not mad?"

Donghyuck furrowed his brows, shaking his head. "I stayed in my room because I was studying? Our finals are in a month," he told. "Besides, is there something I should be angry for?"

Silence.

"But I thought you were hurt by what Ji said—umph!" Jaemin's eyes widened as he waggled his body to escape from Jeno's buffed arms. "Hmph!" his words were muffled due to Jeno's hand over his mouth.

"Glad to know you're not mad at anyone," Jisung said, his head dancing cheerily as he enjoyed his meal. "Wait," he looked across the dining hall. "I don't see Ji, though." It crossed his mind when he saw Eva sitting at the table behind them with Heejin alone.

"She's there," Jeno's chin pointed towards the other side of the hall where the students were. "Mark is there with her as well."

Jaemin dropped his cutlery and crossed her arms, leaning against his seat. "Mark is kind of suspicious."

Renjun sighed. "Just eat your food, Jaemin."

Jungwoo, on the other hand, gave him the opposite reaction. He leaned forward, a curious look plastered on his face. "Why do you say so?"