42: Yet Another Disaster

CHAPTER FORTY-TWO.

Jaemin's grin widened as he saw Jihyuck entering their house. He ran up to her and his arms wrapped around her. It had been his habit every time he met the girl to the point no one found it strange.

"Is everyone here?" she set her bag on the couch. Her eyes roamed across the apartment and found Renjun sweeping the floor while Jaehyun sat in the kitchen, eating biscuits. "Jeno's not here yet?"

Jaemin glanced at the clock hung on the wall. "He said he's going to pick up Heejin first."

"Heejin?" She didn't know Heejin will be joining them today. And above all, Jeno was the one who picked her up—which only meant one thing. They were really close.

He hummed.

Donghyuck appeared from his room but instead of wearing his favorite plain t-shirt, he had a hoodie on. Her eyes dragged from his outfit up to his bare face. A part of her cheered seeing him in a casual fit again because he looked attractive in them. Of course, she could only say that in her heart.

"Oh, Jeno's here," Donghyuck said, pulling her out of whatever trance she was stuck in.

"Ji, let me show you the ingredients I bought," Jaemin grinned, throwing his arm over the girl's shoulder.

"Who am I cooking with?" she asked.

"Donghyuck and Jaehyun will help here and there."

She glanced at Donghyuck over her shoulder. His emotionless brown eyes met hers. The conversation she had with her stepmother echoed in her head but she quickly shrugged it off.

Once Jaemin and Jihyuck completely disappeared into the kitchen, Donghyuck released the breath he didn't realize he held. A strange sensation stirred in his stomach the moment he stepped out of his room and saw Jihyuck.

She wore a white sleeveless spaghetti strap crop top paired with a blue jeans. And above all, the one that caused his breathing to ragged was the hairstyle she went with tonight. She put her hair up in space buns which suited her a little too well in his opinion.

Heejin cleared her throat, dragging him back to reality.

"W-why?" he asked.

Her nose scrunched. "Awestruck, huh?"

"What?" he forced a laugh. "Awestruck over what?"

"Her beauty," she whispered.

His cheeks burned. "No way," he refuted.

˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗

After dinner, they gathered in the living room. Everyone sat on the floor in a circle, just to be fair. Since Donghyuck, Jihyuck and Jaehyun had cooked for the whole house, the others volunteered to do the dishes. Except for Jaemin, Renjun had to drag him to the kitchen and threaten to spill water on his PC if he refused to cooperate.

Jihyuck sat next to Donghyuck, again. Ironically, this kind didn't bother her as much as it did in the past.

"Ta-dah!" Jaemin placed three alcoholic drinks in the middle.