17: Face Spilled It All

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN.

She trailed behind the man as she stared at his back with her sharp eyes, almost piercing through his soul.

A day with Donghyuck wouldn't go smoothly without at least a round of disagreement. It was amusing how they managed to disagree on every little thing.

Nearly two weeks ago, they were done with the first part of their task which was to interview the President and Vice President of their institute. The editing almost was completed as well.

And as they discussed a few days ago at her house, they were going to interview two impressive athletes, in which Donghyuck suggested someone from his team, and in return, Jihyuck got to include Mark in this.

She wanted to interview Mark first since she knew him well and had no problem being around him while Donghyuck said they should interview the person from his team first. And that was why both of them looked gloomy with dissatisfaction right now.

"Who are we interviewing?" she asked as threw her maroon bag on the ground.

Donghyuck furrowed his brows, looking at her up and down. "Stop giving me this nasty attitude of yours, will you?" he commented.

She looked at him with a boring face. "Just answer my damn question. Who is it? Jeno? Jungwoo?" she asked again.

Instead of answering her question right away, he spun around and his eyes wandered around the basketball court, searching for the person he was supposed to meet.

"Answer me—"

"There he is," he beamed.

She rolled her eyes in annoyance before her eyes followed where he was looking at. God. As soon as she saw the tall figure smiling in their way, her knees felt weak, she almost fell to the ground.

She shook her head in denial. "W-what...Donghyuck who are we interviewing?" she queried, terror peeking through her voice.

"Jeong Jaehyun, our captain," he replied nonchalantly.

However, for Jihyuck, it wasn't a situation where she could be nonchalant. She turned her head, looking at him as if he had just betrayed her. "Donghyuck!" she yelled in a whisper voice.

"What?" he looked at her with a perplexed face.

Panic surged up within her. She glanced at Jaehyun who was not far from them and then back to the man in front of her. Fuck.

"Can you interview him alone?"

Donghyuck frowned. He started at her clasped hands. "What is wrong with you? Are you not feeling well?"

"No—"

"So?" he sounded irritated.

She bit her lips. She stole a glance at the older guy once again. "I don't think I could do this. Please, I promise I'll repay you," she begged.

He didn't understand what was she trying to avoid to the point she was begging him—which had never happened before.

"Don't be dramatic, Jihyuck. Come, sit down and let's get to work," he stated.