16: Overloaded Misery

CHAPTER SIXTEEN.

It was an ordinary Saturday for the Lee family.

Jihyuck was doing her skincare routine in Jenna's room while the girl played a game on her electronic device.

"What are you doing here?" she said, glancing at her twin on the bed.

"Playing games with Jenna," he answered.

"Go check on your friend, Jeno," she said with a steady tone yet it held some authority in it.

He spread his arms as a sigh escaped his mouth. "He's taking a shower," he told to assure the girl. A thought suddenly crossed his mind, making him sit up straight. "Ji, shit."

She snapped her head at him, shooting him a death glare. "What did you just say?"

"We're in big problem. No, you're in big trouble," he stated. Horror clouded his sharp features.

"What now?" she sighed. She kept her products in a maroon pouch before she turned to pay attention to her twin.

"Dad," he said, glancing at Jenna who seemed unbothered. "He's coming home today."

"What?!" her eyes almost fell out of her sockets. Death just flashed before her eyes. This can't be happening now. She bit her lips, looking at Jeno with pleading eyes. "What do we do now?"

"I don't know? It was your idea to bring him home!"

"Jeno, are you fucking kidding me?" she stared at him in utter disbelief.

"What?"

"I helped him because you told me to!" she told.

"And I didn't ask to bring him home!" he argued.

"Are you dumping all the blame on me now?" she shrieked.

"No, but—"

"Shut up!" she snapped. She fanned her face with her hand. "He wouldn't know if Donghyuck doesn't leave my room, right?" she asked.

"Ji, you think Jedi will keep quiet about this?" he crossed his arms on his chest.

"Shit," she shut her eyes.

"You come clean about this to him?"

"Are you dumb? I can't do that!" she scowled. She tapped her foot anxiously, racking her mind to think of a solution that'd bring no harm to them. "Instead of saying it's my idea, we can say we brought him home because he's your friend and he's injured!"

Jeno shook his head furiously. "Why are you dragging me into this?" he frowned.

"Jeno, he's your damn friend!"

"You're right but—"

"Case closed! Now, let's bring him downstairs. Your father will be home before breakfast!"

˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗

She watched them as they dramatically checked every inch of Donghyuck's body as if he had gone through a car accident. It was Donghyuck's friends, what did you expect?