Chapter 3: A Home Cleanse

"Are we going on an adventure?" shouts Punkin as she runs towards the house where Cer stands in the doorway.

"Hey Pupu, I have to go out to deliver some honey. Baba will stay with you and take care of you for a while." Cer says while squatting down to pat Punkin on her head.

"No, I wanna go on an adventure witchu," Punkin shouts and stomps as tears begin to form in her eyes.

"It's a boring trip. You'll have more fun with Baba while I work. Do you want to work?" Cer asks while wiping away Punkin's tears and placing the tears in a tear vial.

Punkin looks down and says "No I wanna play. You can stay and play with me and she can go take the honey on her loud bike"

Letting out a loud but warm laugh, Cer brushes off Punkin's response, "You are too smart for your own good. Baba's bike needs to be fixed and she just got back. I don't think she'll want to leave again for awhile Punkin. She misses you as much as I will miss you. And remember, if I ever visit any place without you, what do I do?"

Welling with excitement, Punkin squeals, "Will I get a surprise? Like a pet or a candy or a big surprise?"

"I sure will! I'll bring back something for you. Maybe some dirt or a fart" laughs Cer.

"You're silly. I don't wanna fart! You stink like a poo-poo anyway," Punkin laughs while knocking Cer over with the full weight of her body as she jumps onto and hugs Cer.

Chuckling, Cer reassures Punkin, "I am not gone yet and I already miss you"

Looking puzzled, Punkin asks "How can you miss me? I'm here?"

Cer pats Punkin on her head and smiles "Sometimes we miss the things that are right in front of us"

Punkin smiles showing off her sharp fangs, "Then maybe you needa spend more time with me so you don't miss me."

With another warm chuckle, Cer looks off towards the Western Woods and says, " If it were only that easy. You can spend time with people and still miss them. You can hold hands, eat with them, play tag with them, and still miss them when they spend all their days with you. Nothing lasts forever, and we miss the feeling of even the things we see everyday. That feeling of missing something and wanting it, even when it is right in front of you, is a feeling called longing."

Losing interest, Punkin turns away from Cer, "You're boring now. Can I go play with Baba?"

Sighing with defeat, Cer responds, "Yes, as soon as she gets back from her chores AND we have finished our lunch. Go wash your hands for lunch."

Looking to the East, Cer examines the silhouette of Kala sitting on the hill, while Punkin runs into the house.

Cer waves to Kala to see if her energy and aura change, but her energy remains calm and curious.

Unbothered, Cer enters the house to wash up, eat lunch with Punkin and change into clean clothes for the trip.

-break-

Sitting on the hill, relaxed with one knee folded under her and the other knee propped up allowing her arm to rest on it, Kala watches the trees fall in the distance, deep in the Western Woods. Raising her eyebrows with curiosity, Kala wonders with amusement at what could be taking place where the trees are seen falling. Could that be a demon or monster incursion? Within the wall of Haeven?

Thinking aloud, Kala stands up and squints her eyes to see what is going on in the forest to the West, "This will be interesting. Somebody needs to head to the Western Woods."