Chapter 23: Up Rooted and Trans-Planted

After following Miyas for some time through the snow covered land, thoughts reminiscent of a nostalgic life before creep into Cer's mind. I wonder if she remembers what happened...is she mad?... or maybe she is sad...

"I know that look on your face Sir... What are you scheming?" Miyas says without looking back at Cer.

"You can see backwards?" Asks Punkin with curious amusement.

"No, You just can't see me looking at you. It's magic!" Responds Miyas in a teasing tone.

Grinning Cer, chimes in. "It's an illusion Pupu. She plays tricks with your eyes so you think she is looking away, but she keeps looking back to check on us. Isn't that right Miyas? Do you think we'd run away or leave you?"

"Nice trick Sir!!. So you can see past my illusions. You still know nothing! So you can SHUT UP and stay quiet." Snaps Miyas towards Cer.

"Ooooooh. You said a bad words, You said a mean things. We don't say Shut Up..." Chimes Punkin at Miyas' rashness.

Giggling, Miyas smiles at Punkin, "Tsk tsk. You just said it, Pupu."

"Oh no. I said a bad things." Punkin responds while her face flushes red from embarrassment.

"It's okay Pupu, we all do bad things sometimes and make mistakes; it doesn't make us bad people does it?" Asks Cer, with one eyebrow cocked while looking at Miyas through the corner of Cer's eyes.

Seemingly bothered by Cer's question, Miyas changes the conversation. "We are almost here Pupu. Sir, you can wait here."

"I can? Maybe I want to come with you further." Cer responds with a smile suggesting that Cer would ignore the request.

With her hands clasped behind her back, Miyas continues to walk in big strides and smiles. "You don't really have a choice here Sir... it's not like your body will let you go any further."

Caught off guard, Cer's face fills with an expression of surprise. Wh-hat?!? Why are their mana sources getting further away. Waaaait My body isn't moving? I can't speak! Pupu!!! Waaaaiiiit.

Seeing their mana fade away, Cer hears Pupu's voice shrink in the distance. "Daddy has his thinking face again."

"Yes, we should let him think. We have to get your mother's gift." Giggles Miyas.

                                                                                      –Break–

"Whoah!!! Me-ass, where're we?" Punkin asks while looking around the vast cavern they entered. "It's so PRETTY. It glows like the flower!"