Formal Invitation

There is only so much a girl can take. And yet, Rock seems to enjoy pushing the limits, anyway. She dragged me to the nearest dress shop and insisted I try on several dresses that either didn't cover enough skin or that had the awkwardest design ever known to mankind.

I mean, even the shopkeeper was getting horrified at the suggestions Rock had. Don't get me wrong, I love that girl, but someone has to rein her in or she'll go absolutely bonkers if you let her run free and wild. Unfortunately, I was too distracted by a normal dress to notice how she was acting and by the time I did, it was too late.

For about the fiftieth time today, I heard, "JEN!"

"Yes?" I asked wearily, turning around. The next thing I knew, I had a big blue, white thing shoved in my face. "I'm blind!"

She laughed. "Pssh, girl, if you were blind, you wouldn't be seeing the awesome dress I just found for you! Go try it on!" I pulled the dress off of my face, but before I could get a good look, Rock and pushed me into the dressing room. Knowing that it would be only a matter of time before she came in to see what was taking so long, I quickly threw on the dress. Surprisingly, it only had a single zipper, and it was in the back.

I turned to face the mirror. "Oh, my Rowena Ravenclaw," I breathed, wide-eyed.

"I told you you'd like it!" Rock sang through the door. I pulled it open. I noted immediately that Rock was wearing the same modestly cut dress that I was, with a skirt that fell to just a few inches above the knee, only hers was a deep blue as opposed to my white.

"Like it?" I echoed questioningly. "I love it, Rock. Seriously, this is the best dress I've ever seen. And you look amazing."

Rock shook her head. "No, no, no, Jen. We look amazing," she grinned. I nodded in agreement.

"As soon as we pay for these, why don't we go back to the castle and eat lunch?" I suggested. "I'm starved, aren't you?"

"Uh, yeah, the last time we ate was four hours ago," Rock complained.

I laughed. "Wow, I'm surprised you haven't collapsed from lack of food," I said dryly.

Five minutes later, we walked back into the castle, carrying our dresses. Hogsmeade really did have everything. It was surprising what you could find there if only you looked hard enough. We took our usual seats at the end of the Ravenclaw table so that we were able to spy on a certain Potions Master during meals.

To our disappointment, Snape wasn't at the front table. I must say that it was a bit unnerving not to have him glare down at us for once. In fact, whenever I don't see Snape, I often worry that he's just behind my back, about to curse me.

I quickly turned around just to make sure he really wasn't behind me. When I saw that he wasn't there, I breathed a sigh of relief. I looked at Rock, about to ask her something, but then I caught sight of who was standing directly behind her. "Jen, what are you bloody staring at?" she asked, turning around. "Oh, hey, Sexy. Anyway," Rock faced me again, "do you think we should wear necklaces to go with the dresses or not?"

"Um, yeah," I swallowed nervously. "P-professor, can we help you with something? Please don't kill us."

Rock snorted. "Girl, if he were going to kill us, we'd be dead already," she winked. "What's up, Sexy?"

"I wish to ask you something," he stated emotionlessly.

"Great," Rock said wryly. "What is it?"

Snape looked extremely uncomfortable. "I was wondering if you would like to accompany me to the Winter Ball tomorrow evening?" he muttered, barely audiable over the dull roar of several conversations happening at once.

Rock placed her hand over her ear. "So sorry, sir, but I didn't quite catch that. Did you, Jen?"

I shrugged helplessly. "Oh, sure, why not?" I offered dryly. "What did you say, Professor Snape?"

He glowered darkly at us, his lip curling resentfully. But it was kind of fun seeing him be the one in the hot seat for once. "I asked if you would go to the Winter Ball with me!" Snape snapped. "You needn't be so rude about it!"

"Yeah, we'll go," Rock replied cheerfully as several students swung around in surprise.

"Yep," I confirmed, staring intently into the glass of pumpkin juice in front of me.

"Rude? Oh sexy we wen't rude... We can show you rude if you want?" Rock growled with an underlaying alluring tone that had the feared potion master still stood behind her gulping, even if he did try to do it subtly. I just sat there trying to be invisbale, is it working out? Well they have not drawn me into the converstion... Yet!

"I shall decline, enjoy your luch... Please do try not to choke on it" he growled sarcastically as I turned to glare at him, now that was rude. "How nice of you to care sir, we will be sure to take extra care" I hissed seeing his eyes widen at my tone as he stood with people begining to look our way. "Off you go sexy, me and Jen are trying to eat. Your sexiness is distrating us" Rock rolled off waving her hand to emperphize he was in the way.

God that girl is really going to get strangled by Severus one of theses days, "um what she said" I muttered tuning back to my pumpkin juice; if I am drinking then I can't talk. If I cant talk then the world is safe but then there is still Rock, damn! If that girl could shut her mouth but then she would not be Rock, turning I brushed my hair out of my face frowning; he was gone!

"Oh sexy left and I was just having fun" Rock pouted making me laugh as I shook my head, "you told him to leave" I reminded her to see her sticking the egg on her plate with wide silver eyes. "I didn't think he would listen... Bad sexy listining to me" she muttered as people strared at us like we had sprouted three heads like some kind magical dog.

"Rock people are um gawking at us" I whispered seeing her head raise, her eyes getting that dangerouse twinkle I suddenly felt very nervouse about what she was going to do. "HELL YES GIRL. We have just been asked out by the sexiest man in the whole school" she laughed shaking her head as she swung her legs over the chair. I could hear a few protests from the guys at our table and others to Rock's comment but hey we can't help it if it is true.

We had been asked out by the to use Rock's term 'sexiest man' in the whole school and all I could think was roll on the Winter Ball. Can you blame me with sexy Severus Snape as my- our date? Just so you know there is only one awnser!