Chapter 3: Ghibli Love

As he speaks into the phone, you hear a small feminine voice before he turns around and takes a few steps away from you. 

The once peaceful and warm atmosphere suddenly stopped, like a buffering screen. 

Except, this time you wanted to shout at him to get back here, with you. 

But you can't. 

Because you are a grown adult who has to be polite and keep face. 

You can't run up behind him and wrap your arms around him, telling him to put down the phone like you so wish to do. 

And before long his tone rises and he hangs up, giving the caller a quick. 

"Bye."

Before hanging up and grabbing you by the wrist.

 You both were having a great time, what made him so angry? Of course you knew why he was angry, but you refused to acknowledge her influence over him. 

And while you stumbled behind him back to his car, you were to absorbed in your little envy session you forgot to ask questions and just looked down at the rocky pavement while he opened the door for you, getting in without a word. 

It's funny how easily your time together was halted without a second thought. 

It is crazy what love makes people do. 

And really when he drops you off at Minas house you feel blank. 

Like a piece of paper in a dimly lit room, lonely and deserted. 

It wasn't fair. 

You were the one always beside him, you were the one to listen to him when he came home frustrated. 

But NEVER did he come home anything more than disheartened. 

The only time he ever cried was when he had an onion chopping contest with Denki. 

Even then you were barely able to get a picture. 

But honestly, you couldn't even remember the times you've cried for him. 

Time after time again, he indirectly rejects you again and again. 

He just seems to effortlessly drag you along like a dog on a leash. 

No matter what he does, you can't seem to hate him or even tell him just how you feel. 

You're just caught somewhere in the middle. 

A hurdle to be passed if you will. 

Just another obstacle in the way of their little finish line. 

Your knuckles thump against the door to Minas luxurious flat, and a few moments later she swings the door open. 

And like a smack to the face, her choices of decor always seem to shock you. 

But at the same time, it's a welcomed distraction from the dark little corner you have backed yourself into. 

She pulls you into a hug and apologises, pulling you inside. S

he calls Jirou down and the purple haired woman waves to you and smiles at you. 

And when Mina hands you your phone, you frown at the dead battery icon flashing in your hands. 

"Fuck." 

You sigh, falling onto her red couch. 

She said it reminded her of lipstick, her living room theme was 'beauty' but I think she took it the wrong way.